Brake Pads & Fluids

ctomic

hello,

ive seen a lot of discussions on this board regarding which break pads to use for a Gallardo 04. Can anyone confirm

to me if its really possible to use the RS6 brake pads for front and rear and which brake fluid type should be used?

Is it a big job to change them by yourself?

all the best,

chris

The RS6 front pads will fit your Gallardo but the rear RS6 pads won't. The front pads off a Dodge Viper will fit your Gallardo's rear. It's not to hard of a job to replace the pads by your self if your mechanically inclined. As far as brake fluid goes you can run Castrol Brake Fluid (GTLMA) or Motul RBF 600 Factory line dot 4. Hope that helped. :icon_thumleft:

hi ryan,

thanks a lot for the update. As I live in spain it will be difficult for me to find the Viper pads here, same problem like with the redstuff brakepads - not easy

to get them in here. Is there any break fluid i could get from audi?

all the best,

chris

The RS6 front pads will fit your Gallardo but the rear RS6 pads won't. The front pads off a Dodge Viper will fit your Gallardo's rear. It's not to hard of a job to replace the pads by your self if your mechanically inclined. As far as break fluid goes you can run Castrol Brake Fluid (GTLMA) or Motul RBF 600 Factory line dot 4. Hope that helped. :icon_thumleft:

BTW: The Viper replacement pads mentioned above will not have the wear-sensor pigtails. Some RS6 do, some do not. Not sure the pigtails are the same as on a G. You will have to short out the harness going to each of the 4 wheels if you do not get the imbedded brake pad sensors.

Just so you are aware of that with non OEM pads....

I run Castrol GTLMA fluid in our G. Good stuff.

hi, is there any easy way to see if the pads really have to be changed or not? are there any fotos somewhere how a worn pad looks like?

My control light tells me they have to be changed but i red in forum that there are a lot of cable issues turning on the brakepad warning light.

How much longer can i drive the car once the warning lights turned on. I had the car in revision around 8.000 km ago and lamborghini did tell

me that there is no need for changing the brakepads at that time.

regards,

Chris

The RS6 front pads will fit your Gallardo but the rear RS6 pads won't. The front pads off a Dodge Viper will fit your Gallardo's rear. It's not to hard of a job to replace the pads by your self if your mechanically inclined. As far as brake fluid goes you can run Castrol Brake Fluid (GTLMA) or Motul RBF 600 Factory line dot 4. Hope that helped. :icon_thumleft:

My brake lights been on for about 500 miles so far. I visually inspected my pads and they seemed fine. I have more pad thickness left on them than the thickness of the back plate, so assume there must be plenty of life and I have probably just got a broken cable..

I usually replace them when the thickness of the friction material is about equal to the thickness of the steel back plate. The photo below is of my front pads when I changed them (a bit early, as you can see) compared to a new pad.

old_pads_x.JPG