07 gallardo coolant?

paulfromtulsa

can you guys tell me what coolant to use to top off my 07 gallardo. i know i am suppose to use the same color as what it came with from the factory. is it blue? can i just use the bmw blue stuff? i did a search and cannot get a 100% answer. thanks guys

Go to your local VW/Audi dealer and get their G12++ coolant which is purple in color. That is the latest version of the factory coolant that will mix with what is in your cooling system.

Go to your local VW/Audi dealer and get their G12++ coolant which is purple in color. That is the latest version of the factory coolant that will mix with what is in your cooling system.

just to double check? i can mix the g12++ with what is already in my car (factory coolant). also what color is the factory coolant. thanks

just to double check? i can mix the g12++ with what is already in my car (factory coolant). also what color is the factory coolant. thanks

I know the early cars were blue...Then I think it was pink, then purple.

I believe the G12++ is compatible with all of the earlier coolants, as is the G12SuperPlus.

It's very confusing.

http://www.germanautoparts.com/Chemicals/Coolants/VW-Audi

ok i just bought some g12++, the dealer told me to mix it 1 to 1 with water. is that correct information?

Yes. Check my link above.

> ok i just bought some g12++, the dealer told me to mix it 1 to 1 with water. is that correct information?

not water, but *distilled* water

as for the mix ratio, read up on it on the web etc.

heck, my last bottle of coolant described mix ratios for different temperature ranges on its sticker

> ok i just bought some g12++, the dealer told me to mix it 1 to 1 with water. is that correct information?

not water, but *distilled* water

as for the mix ratio, read up on it on the web etc.

heck, my last bottle of coolant described mix ratios for different temperature ranges on its sticker

i just used tap water, why do u have to use distilled water? will anything go wrong? i added about 1.5 liters of water

i just used tap water, why do u have to use distilled water? will anything go wrong? i added about 1.5 liters of water

You're fine. Distilled water contains no minerals, so it's 'preffered' to use it, but not really required if you are just topping off. The amount of minerals in 1.5L of water should not be a concern.

The truth is that what you need is any filtered water, they say distilled because thats the purest. The big deal is to remove all the minerals and additives from tap water. If you have a decent

water filter on your faucet at home your fine. I have used a drinking water filter on the trail to fill a 4x4 using tap water from a cooler or a stream and left it in the radiator till the next coolant

change with no I'll affect. Water filters are so good these days as long as it's run through a filter your fine for just a top off. On a complete coolant swap always use distilled water in any car.

Don't mix coolants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures of side effects of wrong coolants used.

VW BLUE G11 cant be mixed with Red G12

BMW, Mercedes can be added but there can be damages.

Common Issues that I've seen is the system becomes acidic and eat up the metal and plastics. Wrong coolant can also create gelling of the cooling system.

25240_111453208889463_100000743541445_122766_7928723_n.jpg

25240_111453218889462_100000743541445_122767_7244839_n.jpg

25240_111453225556128_100000743541445_122768_346301_n.jpg

Don't mix coolants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures of side effects of wrong coolants used.

VW BLUE G11 cant be mixed with Red G12

BMW, Mercedes can be added but there can be damages.

Common Issues that I've seen is the system becomes acidic and eat up the metal and plastics. Wrong coolant can also create gelling of the cooling system.

aww that concerns me now. i hope the g12++ does mix with my factory coolant.