Countach bumper evo

SingleSeat

I was curious if anyone around here knew the story behind the subtle change in bumper style when the QV came along. I can tell it's a tad longer on top, but are there also some angular differences around the driving lights? Not sure about the flat trim portions of the side contours either.

Bumpers.jpg

that on the right is not an euro bumper: it looks like an USA bumper modified to look like an euro bumper.

There were no changes or difference between 1984 5000 S euro bumper and 1985 Quattrovalvole euro bumper: the bumper was the same

ciao

Ahh, I see, thanks. Well if they did (on the right), it looks like a fairly believable job because they were able to eradicate the license plate notch, duel center under-holes, install the vents, and move the lights. Plus, the underside notch around the outside corners of the driving lights is there on the right where there wouldn't be enough material on a USA bumper. I can't help but wonder if it would end up costing the same just to transplant an authentic euro bumper.

Based on what you guys have said, I suppose that the "long nose" on the right (1984) originally looked like the bumper on the second 1984 5000S listed in nsxer's thread (the one with with the doors open).