Brothers' website

bgshow

Check out my brothers' website, a movie review site from a real world perspective. They just started it and are regularly adding more and more content and reviews. Feel free to comment on the actual site or leave feedback here and I will pass it on to them.

www.thebrosknow.com

Ah, the Arras theme for Wordpress - Good theme.

Make sure that he's taking care of his SEO in a meaningful way. I can see that he's activated his permalinks, which is a good step in the right direction, but make sure he's taking advantage of the inherent SEO advantages of using video as well. In other words, proper mapping, using MRSS, or something similar, crawling his site with Webmaster Tools from Google to look for errors, or hangups the search engines may have with his site.

Wordpress is a great platform out the box, but needs some fine-tuning to get the most out of it - Especially if he's going to compete in a competitive market. Just a few thoughts at first glance. Hope this helps.

Check out my brothers' website, a movie review site from a real world perspective. They just started it and are regularly adding more and more content and reviews. Feel free to comment on the actual site or leave feedback here and I will pass it on to them.

www.thebrosknow.com

Sorry, can't help it. It's the copywriter in me... On his description pages, have him cut his paragraph text blocking down. For example:

"The film starts beautifully with a serene white landscape of snow and ice. During the opening credits there is a shot of a swan which really stood out to me for me some reason. Towards the end of the film I realized what significance this swan image has and I must say that is brilliant. The film centers around Hanna (Saoirse Ronan), the title character, who is a teenage girl being raised by her father Erik (Eric Bana) in the outskirts of Finland. From the outset we know Hanna is rather different because of her keen senses and unusual detachment from common morality. Note that I say common morality because her sense of thought is pure to learning and survival. Her father teaches her how to survive and the skill set to be multi-cultural. She still yearns for the world outside her own but her judgment is not clouded by meaningless media. This is rather brilliant character creation in my opinion."

All of that text on a narrow site amounts to 9 - 10 lines in length. Rule of thumb is that text blocks should never exceed 6 lines, as people will grow bored, or lose their spot and ultimate stop reading. Humans are lazy readers these days anyhow, so no need to give them more excuses not to read!

Limit the blocks to 5 - 6 lines, and his text will flow better, and increase readability by a significant margin.

Looks pretty good but i'd recommend him either sprucing up his logo or hiring someone to do it for him. It gives a much more "authentic" feel to a site and should help to set him apart from the 90 billion other autoblogs out there that use the same theme. His content is unique and his site should look unique as well! :)

Sorry, can't help it. It's the copywriter in me... On his description pages, have him cut his paragraph text blocking down. For example:

"The film starts beautifully with a serene white landscape of snow and ice. During the opening credits there is a shot of a swan which really stood out to me for me some reason. Towards the end of the film I realized what significance this swan image has and I must say that is brilliant. The film centers around Hanna (Saoirse Ronan), the title character, who is a teenage girl being raised by her father Erik (Eric Bana) in the outskirts of Finland. From the outset we know Hanna is rather different because of her keen senses and unusual detachment from common morality. Note that I say common morality because her sense of thought is pure to learning and survival. Her father teaches her how to survive and the skill set to be multi-cultural. She still yearns for the world outside her own but her judgment is not clouded by meaningless media. This is rather brilliant character creation in my opinion."

All of that text on a narrow site amounts to 9 - 10 lines in length. Rule of thumb is that text blocks should never exceed 6 lines, as people will grow bored, or lose their spot and ultimate stop reading. Humans are lazy readers these days anyhow, so no need to give them more excuses not to read!

Limit the blocks to 5 - 6 lines, and his text will flow better, and increase readability by a significant margin.

:iamwithstupid: