Boats in the USA for sale

looney

Hey Guys,

a friend of mine has started looking to buy a boat, He is looking for a 50-60ft cabin cruiser.

down here in Australia we keep hearing that boats are essentially being Given away in the US due to the economy, and as such he has been trying to troll the internet to see if he can find any good deals, however the only things he seems to find arent what he considers 'bargains' by any stretch of the imagination.

as such, i wonder if anyone here may have any links to any decent brokerages etc that may list some boats that he may be interested other than Ebay etc.

Cheers

Looney

Paging Abolfaz... You may want to PM him or wait for him to find this thread, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Paging Abolfaz... You may want to PM him or wait for him to find this thread, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

yeah, i was thinking he might weigh in on this one quite heavily :D

Blanket statements like that are rarely applicable. I don't think you will find anything necessarily being "given away". Well, no better odds than finding a Lamborghini "given away" due to the bad economy. The economy does suck, but in general, the rich get richer. If not, they still have enough that they weren't in a bind as a large majority aren't financing things like 60' boats (and Lamborghini's). I guess what I'm saying is, you may find one here or there where someone is over-leveraged and needing to move something quick, but it doesn't apply specifically to the boating industry. It would be no different than cars.

When shopping for my Lambo, I was hoping to find someone in a similar situation due to the economy. I quickly realized, most of the cars people need to dump off were Toyota Camry's and other cheap regular ol' cars belonging to folks that are typical Americans living paycheck to paycheck. The general Lambo owner (or 60' boat owner) tends to have a different set of circumstances financially. They either aren't financed, can ride it out, don't mind just parking it for a bit, etc.

I know this doesn't directly help you, but I just wanted to throw in the lesson that is fundamentally the same when shopping for a really expensive car during the recession--most who had money, still have it, and don't plan to dump anything off cheap...

Hire a good broker and let him do his job. Yachtworld is an MLS service for boats, National Liquidators is simply a repo boat auction where somehow rough boats end up selling for more than clean ones available through private sales.

thanks guys,

dont worry im not so naive to think you can buy a 60ft cabin cruiser for $200k or anything like that.

but there seems to be this view held here in Aus about boats in the US for some reason (im not a big boat person myself, just trying to get some contacts for a friend).

however that said, i do know the boat market here in Aus is flat, and the exotic car market also, you wouldnt believe the number of tyre kickers ive had while trying to offload my GT3.

thanks again, i'll forward those details on.

Cheers

thanks guys,

dont worry im not so naive to think you can buy a 60ft cabin cruiser for $200k or anything like that.

but there seems to be this view held here in Aus about boats in the US for some reason (im not a big boat person myself, just trying to get some contacts for a friend).

however that said, i do know the boat market here in Aus is flat, and the exotic car market also, you wouldnt believe the number of tyre kickers ive had while trying to offload my GT3.

Cheers

I've recently sold several boats to Aus, the exchange rate makes it highly lucrative to buy american boats. This guy in particular has been filling up ships with american boats lately and taking them back to Aus.

thanks for the heads up,

i have forwarded the above details to my friend, and he can investigate until his heart is content :D

thanks guys,

Cheers

LOL I think I just saw your ad on carsales, I like it!

LOL I think I just saw your ad on carsales, I like it!

yeah a bit of humour mixed with a little bit of "Fed up" goes a long way to an interesting advertisement :D