Fabspeed Sports Racing Cats

saxguy

Has anyone installed the fabspeed sports racing cats? I would really like to hear about real world performance improvements and if they were significantly louder than the stock units.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Has anyone installed the fabspeed sports racing cats? I would really like to hear about real world performance improvements and if they were significantly louder than the stock units.

You might want to contact them directly for sound clips. TOLL FREE 1 (888) 646-4945 :icon_thumleft:

560. Looking to do ECU/exhaust also. From what I understand doing ECU and exhaust would increase hp/tq. Would the cats primarily improve the sound or would there be noticeable performance gains as well? Specifically, would the low end torque be affected by the sport cats?

Just for the sake of asking - would the ECU/cats/exhaust produce flames at the tailpipes?

560. Looking to do ECU/exhaust also. From what I understand doing ECU and exhaust would increase hp/tq. Would the cats primarily improve the sound or would there be noticeable performance gains as well? Specifically, would the low end torque be affected by the sport cats?

Just for the sake of asking - would the ECU/cats/exhaust produce flames at the tailpipes?

Did you get the 560 yet? Thought you were still looking. If so, congrats, and post up some pics!

Mike, not yet. I was just replying so David would know which mods I was thinking about. Believe me, there will be photos everywhere when I finally get the car.

There will absolutely be performance gains from each component individually. From my personal experience I would say the cats give more power than sound. If you want to shoot flames I would do our cat bypass pipes with the muffler bypass pipes and the ECU. You will have post header straight piped exhaust... it will be LOUD but give you the flames it sounds like you are looking for!

Flames aren't a dealbreaker :)

haha well if you eliminate the cats you will more than likely get them regardless! The best sounding and looking setup (in my opinion and depending on the year of your G) is our cat bypass pipes with our supersport exhaust (if you have an 09+) or the cat bypass pipes with the sport exhaust (for 04'-08' cars) with the quad tips! add the carbon fiber intake boxes and the ECU upgrade to both setups for the best all around package (sound, looks, power, etc.)

I had the fabspeed cat bypass pipes on my 2004 G with a tubi muffler and it shot flames whenever I got off the gas or when you are around 3k rpm and let off it would do the little pops and flames on demand...was pretty fun!

NOTE - you can get away with the bypass pipes on the 2004 but from what I heard not the newer unless you get the other goodies from Fabspeed to keep the light indicator off.

I had the fabspeed cat bypass pipes on my 2004 G with a tubi muffler and it shot flames whenever I got off the gas or when you are around 3k rpm and let off it would do the little pops and flames on demand...was pretty fun!

NOTE - you can get away with the bypass pipes on the 2004 but from what I heard not the newer unless you get the other goodies from Fabspeed to keep the light indicator off.

If your doing the ECU it really doesnt matter what you bypass, there will be absolutely no CEL issues. I was only suggesting the cat bypass pipes because saxguy was saying he planned on doing the ECU anyways!