Anyone ever removed the heavy metal part inside the R. bumpe

modman

I'm trying to reduce the weight off the car and the rear bumper is crazy heavy. Anyone know how the inside looks like? I'm thinking of splitting it in half and removing the heavy steel part inside. I wish there was an aftermarket version that would fit. The car is very heavy as it is, imagine without all the weight. I wonder if the 6.0 bumper is lighter and if it would fit a 99 without the wider fenders? anyone knows? I'm starting to get back on this long put away project.

modman, thats a BAD idea, that stuff is there for a reason, u dont want an empty shell in the event of a collision.

The 6.0 has the same rear width. the front is wider. Also when I get my SV I will be removing the rear bumper completly.

Have you thought of the GT bumper? It looks cool but forget about saftey

There is a heavy tube inside the rear bumper, I have a 6.0 rear bumper that has an end that is broken, I'll get a picture of it tomorrow and post it.

I'd pay $1500 to remove 35lbs from my race car.   :mrgreen:

We are not all rich like you. Im just a PO Boy. :(

I already know of the consequences in the case of a rear end collision, imagine the GTR, minus well not have a bumper. The bumper is really heavy and it can't just be a 35lb tube making it that heavy, the shell is very hollow. I thought of not having the bumper on but it looks like a face with the jaw chopped off, looks bad when you look at the tail end up close, from far back it's ok I don't know if I can get used to it. I rather have the bumper hollowed out reducing to a hopefull 35lbs. I'm having a body shop examining the bumper and possibly shortening the bumper also. I'd like to see what the 6.0 bumper looks like inside and also will the rear 6.0 bumper fit on the 99? what is the exact weight? I'm also looking into redoing the ft bumper and getting rid of the excess Hella square lights as they are no use to me so planning to fill the hole for a cleaner look and getting rid of the nonsense gills for the brake vents.

I'd pay $1500 to remove 35lbs from my race car. :mrgreen:

We are not all rich like you. Im just a PO Boy. :(

I'm just saying 35lbs is worth a lot to me. Damn, just thinking about removing another 35lbs makes me happy. The car doesn't look like a shell if that's what you guys are thinking. I'll try and get some pics if anyone cares about 4cyl's. hehe