New software update for aventadors

turboad

A buddy of mine just got his car out of the workshop for some software updates. Boy oh boy it drives like a completely different car. Very smooth and unjerky, if you don't like the aventadors gearbox this totally transforms it. I'm taking my car as soon as I get the chance.

I like the way it drives, but it will be interesting to hear what changed. I am taking my Gallardo in for service on Thursday. I will ask when I am there and if my tech knows about it, I will bring the Aventador in for the update too.

A buddy of mine just got his car out of the workshop for some software updates. Boy oh boy it drives like a completely different car. Very smooth and unjerky, if you don't like the aventadors gearbox this totally transforms it. I'm taking my car as soon as I get the chance.

That would maybe change my mind about the Aventador. Drove one around a track, did not like Sport Mode. Curious to hear about the changes.

I am curious as well. If it is smoother for the strada and sport modes I am all for it, but if it is going to smooth out corsa mode then it would kind of defeat the purpose of the corsa mode, being that it should be quick, violent, and jerky anyway.

Just spoke with my dealer who checked with his service tech. They ran my vin and found no campaigns for my car for a software update. Perhaps this modification was done before it left the factory as it only arrived last week? Any addition information you might have regarding the upgrade would be much appreciated.

I spoke with the service department at my dealer and there are no updates for my car either. Since I have only had my car for a few weeks, perhaps the updates were done before it was delivered to me. The service tech knew of no recent updates to the Aventador's software.

I spoke with the service department at my dealer and there are no updates for my car either. Since I have only had my car for a few weeks, perhaps the updates were done before it was delivered to me. The service tech knew of no recent updates to the Aventador's software.

:iamwithstupid:

In love with the new software update !!! It´s really great !!!!

I love it do... but I know nothing else. To be fair to all the owners who have complained, apparently mine shipped with the update already done to the software. I was shocked to hear people complaining about the ride, but I guess they already got it fixed before I received mine. This car drives amazing!

So whats the update really about? Less jerky gearbox shifts?

yes less jerky and much more smoother. Corsa mode now shifts noticeably faster

yes less jerky and much more smoother. Corsa mode now shifts noticeably faster

How much faster? What's the new Nurburgring time?

1, 2, 3 milliseconds faster? What is it? More info please!

And how do I know if my car has the new update????

Call which ever dealer you use for service and ask them to run your vin to check for updates.

• 1 month later...

Update on this, after telling me there was no update when it had it 1st service a while back its just come back after having some electrical gremlins sorted and has had the new gearbox software. Drives much, much smoother and seems to shift quicker, all in all much better. Almost up to dual clutch standard now, as its so much quicker and less impact on shifts. Even strada hardly pauses between shifts.

Also less judder when cold, which is a major improvement.