Shock Absorbers 6.0

whart

Wil,

I will be replacing my right front in the coming weeks if you would like mine.

Joe

Joe,

Yes, If you could, please send it. I would just like to borrow it to experiment with and I'll send it back to you after testing it on a car if I come up with a viable solution.

Thanks,

Wil

Whart - It may be a moot point now, but your shock is doing just what I described to you on one of the other boards. The shock apparently has two electronic pieces in it. One is the motor to actually change the valving of the shock; the other is a potentiometer that tells the shock computer where the motor is in its range of motion.

Perry,

Bill's rear shock no longer had a functioning motor but I like your idea. It might just work.

Wil

Ecnal- saw your car at Wil's place this morning- met the ....

I've got a 98 Monterey Diablo coming in later this week with the shock warning light activated so maybe this one will lead to an answer.

Wil de Groot

Well the 98 Diablo with the shock warning light came in today but the problem was that one of the toggle switches under the dash was in the wrong position so there was no failure and of course no donor junk shock to experiment with.

Wil

• 17 years later...

I know this is old and I mean really old but Shocks can be rebuild (Of course if the motor is dead then no)

The Koni Shock repair on the East Coast is (this is actual Koni/Koni Authorized service center not some third party)
Performance Shock inc
(614) 219-1211
Contact Bill.....

Bill is very knowledgeable and very helpful another words he is awesome!!!!

Hopefully this helps others as well
who land on this page while searching for solution as I was