Cluster

megachad

Anyone have pictures or directions on how to get the insturment cluster out on a 2002 murci? Need to re-adjust the fuel gauge

OMFG the forum just ate my reply. Had a detailed writeup all done for you. Arghh!!

See attached files. Pg 6 of trim removal and the vent removal.

Get a dental pick to aid in unhooking the three plastic tabs inside each vent.

Remove vent inner, then outer, then remove or push aside the a/c sleeve.

Reach into the vent hole (one on each side of cluster) and access the plastic wingnut. Remove, don't drop it.

Cluster is hooked in the back (front of car, back of cluster) with a rectangular metal bracket, like a friction fit when the wingnuts are secured. Take care not to scratch the leather when sliding the cluster up and out. There are also two bolts protruding from the bottom (for the wingnuts). Just go slow and be careful.

Set out shop towels out to protect the leather.

The cluster has two connectors. One has a lever to flip to loosen the connection on the plug, the other is a tab or just unplugs.

The GFA and airbag wiring are under there, as well as a few grounds to be careful when mucking about.

There...you just saved $800 in labor (that is the actual amount Lambo dealers charge to do this). Now go have a beer and enjoy the extra mod money. And try not think about the fact that you are dicking around with about $10k worth of OEM hardware doing all this and the job will go much more smoothly!

PM me if you get stuck

vent_removal.pdf

interior_trim_removal.pdf

Thank you! My fuel gauge is reading improperly and it needs to either be reset, or replaced..

OMFG the forum just ate my reply. Had a detailed writeup all done for you. Arghh!!

PM me if you get stuck

I got the instrument cluster out pretty quickly thanks to your help. I was able to undo the left cluster nut without taking out the left vent. Got my hand being the dash from the fuse panel. Once out the cluster is very easy to take appart. It was nice to clean out the dust. I got the fuel gauge reset and everything works perfectly now.. Thank you again for the help.

post-19695-1340635962.jpg

post-19695-1340635971.jpg

No prob at all. Glad you got it fixed.

I heard there was a recall on the 2003 and 2002's for the front wheels clicking when turning. The lugnuts or something. My car does the clicking. Do you by chance know anything about this?

Any idea where the OBD plug is on the 2002?

Thank you again for your help

I heard there was a recall on the 2003 and 2002's for the front wheels clicking when turning. The lugnuts or something. My car does the clicking. Do you by chance know anything about this?

Any idea where the OBD plug is on the 2002?

Thank you again for your help

Haven't heard of that. Sounds more like the AWD coupling if you hear noise when turning.

OBD plug is behind the center tunnel service panel assessible from the passenger footwell.

Yes depending on the type of sound you are getting it could be your lug nuts http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...amp;hl=lug+nuts

As far as the OBD port..... assuming you are wanting to scann engine trouble codes, then the port will be under the drivers side dash to the right (always refer to left as drivers side and right as passenger side) of the steering column. I will take a picture for you if you need one.

(always refer to left as drivers side and right as passenger side)

...in left-hand drive countries.

Oh sorry :icon_thumleft:

I thought he was from the states from his avatar..........

I am from the states. Thank you. Driver side ill check.