Replaced the instrument cluster, couple of questions...

Vahid

So the STS cluster was scratched to death and was foggy from the inside and had to be replaced, now 2 things have happened...

1. TPMS is gone in the menu. Check is gone only Set and Menu Off is available. How should I bring it back? I can access the Lamborghini laptop in the shop if any reprogramming is needed. I can do it if someone gives me step by step instructions.

2. The cluster has gone intelligent now, the needles now turn on as you can see below in the picture. The backlight also slightly turns on when I go in the sun which is kinda backwards. That small sensor beside the Check button is now working I guess. Anybody with the same feature? Is this OK? It sure does make it look better!

Here is a pic when I'm in the dark...

2643mmp.jpg

So the center middle cluster is like before and its either off or on when I switch on the headlights, my question is how can I reprogram it to be like my main cluster? Because now it looks weird with the main being on and the center off...

5e998k.jpg

Any help will be appreciated!

Vahid,

You need the LaRA laptop. There are loads of options like this in the "Lighting" program. I don't know about the exact settings though but it should be possible to figure it out. I'm trying to get into a training session in Sant'####. If I manage I might be more helpful.

Your STS is brand new, how was it all scratched?

Vahid,

You need the LaRA laptop. There are loads of options like this in the "Lighting" program. I don't know about the exact settings though but it should be possible to figure it out. I'm trying to get into a training session in Sant'####. If I manage I might be more helpful.

LOL, why does it censor Sant'####??

It needs what is called the ZIP file. It will need to go to a Dealer. With Lara plugged into car you would log into Lambos computer system upload car info then it will down load the ZIP file for that car based on Vin.

You would load ZIP file into cluster which will set the cluster for what options this car has and set it up for normal operationon.

Vahid,

LOL, why does it censor Sant'####??

Greg! I'm really glad you started to post here as well. We should have a formal introduction about you! :)

About the cluster, yes from day 1 the cluster was like that! Even the center cluster is scratched as well (not as bad) but we are still waiting for the replacement approval. I was actually puzzled by this because I think the clusters come in sealed to Lamborghini and they just install them. and I don't understand how it was like that from the inside!

I think the cluster back light should be turned on when in the dark, like driving through a tunnel and the needle should be turned on during daylight for better readings.

Honestly there were so many fishy things about this car from the first day, like the A/C never worked properly and the only thing my dealer does is they keep vacuuming the damn thing and filling it with gas again. Also my doors take alot of force to get them shut correctly. I compared them with others and it takes at least 2x the force to close them properly!

It needs what is called the ZIP file. It will need to go to a Dealer. With Lara plugged into car you would log into Lambos computer system upload car info then it will down load the ZIP file for that car based on Vin.

You would load ZIP file into cluster which will set the cluster for what options this car has and set it up for normal operationon.

Thanks jeff. Would you know the step by step instructions on doing this? Because like I said I can access the Lambo laptops in the service center, self service :)