Replacement of Ballast/Ignitor for HID Headlights

Boardwalk

After switching the HID bulbs between left and right it appears my outage might be the result of a bad Ballast/Ignitor. Everyone associated with Lamborghini told me I had to buy the entire headlight assembly for $4G's so I found the Hella number and bought one(used) on eBay for $41.

What is the best way to access the old to replace? Take off the entire inner wheel well or...?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

I don't know about murci but on the gallardo the wheel liner had to be removed which was a PITA. Hopefully the Murci is easier.

If you aren't able to access the light assembly by removing the front trunk tub, I think wheel liner is your best bet.

I had a good stereo shop that replaced the whole bulb and ballast with an aftermarket set that is brighter. It cost me $500 out of door with parts and labor. They did it in an hour. If the OEM setup is not bright enough for night time driving, this is a great time to upgrade the bulb too. I went with a set of 55w HID from Morimoto 7000k. The higher kevin makes the output more like 50w. Color is whiter than stock but not overly blue.

I was under the impression the higher the kelvin the different shade it outputs, and the lumens is the actual measurement of brightness.

I was under the impression the higher the kelvin the different shade it outputs, and the lumens is the actual measurement of brightness.

correct, kelvin is the color. higher kevin becomes more blue and purple and actually reduce brightness. most stock HID is 6500-7500k i think. ricer is over 9000k