Picking up my aventador next week!!! Sold LP-570 superleggera

Ventador

Like I said, I knew Ventador would get it! :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:

The trick to around town driving is making sure you let the car warm up before taking off, especially on cold days. I leave the car running in my driveway, or if I am out I sit in it and let it run or I take off and deal with it when I have to (rarely). When you take off the 4WD computers are working to analyze your grip and trying to grab which can make for a rough take off. You have to apply the throttle very lightly for the first second, then get used to the correct amount. If the car is warmed up it will drive much better. Turning off traction control helps a lot too, but you have to be comfortable doing that and the road conditions have to be favorable. Remember, if it is cold to make sure the tires heat up before you turn off traction control. Once you get the hang of applying the gas in the beginning in town, it will become second nature and you will love it. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier EX aventador owners never gave the car enough of a learning/adaptation time. They never gave it a chance. I was frustrated for the first 1 1/2months. I grew to understand the traits of the car.

Once you start to understand how to drive the car in its own character, you will learn to love it. I intended to sell it couple months back. Now I'm keeping it for good.

You want a car your grandma can drive and obliterates everything else on the road? Get a GTR and plonk 50k to 75k into it. It will murder everything. But it will not be an italian exotic. EVER. Why? I own a 900whp GTR. I LOVE IT but its not Aventador.

458 would be a lovely car too. I have nothing but praise for a 458

Like I said, I knew Ventador would get it! :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:

The trick to around town driving is making sure you let the car warm up before taking off, especially on cold days. I leave the car running in my driveway, or if I am out I sit in it and let it run or I take off and deal with it when I have to (rarely). When you take off the 4WD computers are working to analyze your grip and trying to grab which can make for a rough take off. You have to apply the throttle very lightly for the first second, then get used to the correct amount. If the car is warmed up it will drive much better. Turning off traction control helps a lot too, but you have to be comfortable doing that and the road conditions have to be favorable. Remember, if it is cold to make sure the tires heat up before you turn off traction control. Once you get the hang of applying the gas in the beginning in town, it will become second nature and you will love it. :icon_thumleft:

Ragingbull I know you are getting a roadster is it just me or does it also bother you the fact that the pillars are gloss black and the roof panels are the only matte black panel on whole car? I wish they made it in visual cf as well.

Just wanted your thoughts on this.

Earlier EX aventador owners never gave the car enough of a learning/adaptation time. They never gave it a chance. I was frustrated for the first 1 1/2months. I grew to understand the traits of the car.

Once you start to understand how to drive the car in its own character, you will learn to love it. I intended to sell it couple months back. Now I'm keeping it for good.

You want a car your grandma can drive and obliterates everything else on the road? Get a GTR and plonk 50k to 75k into it. It will murder everything. But it will not be an italian exotic. EVER. Why? I own a 900whp GTR. I LOVE IT but its not Aventador.

458 would be a lovely car too. I have nothing but praise for a 458

Thank you for your thoughts it's further validation from real owners of this car to show that there is a learning curve to this car initially to fully appreciate this car.

By chance did you ever own a murcielago before aventador? I am wondering people who owned a murcielago being more used to the transition and what differences they felt.

By chance did you ever own a murcielago before aventador? I am wondering people who owned a murcielago being more used to the transition and what differences they felt.

Since I drive both regularly ill chime in. The only similarity is they are both fast and big wedge shaped cars. The visibility is better in the Aventador but the Murcie is nearly as good. There is significantly more seat room in the Aventador. The Aventador is wider but the Murcie feels longer (might just be the wing on the SV making it feel that way). 90k + miles in Hummer H1's prepared me for any car size wise. The Aventador feels way stiffer and you get more of a jarring effect to bumps, but the Murcie is more bouncy. Passengers who have been on both have mixed responses to which they feel is more comfortable. It's 50-50. Smaller ladies like my wife prefer the comfort of the SV and all my guy friend find the Aventador to be more comfortable to ride in. They drive very differently.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put Corsa mode on for a short time and oh man the exhaust sound really gets deeper, louder and burbles compared to sport or strada modes.

I am looking to upgrade to an aftermarket titanium system soon but stock def does not sound bad if you are in Corsa I just wish it was more aggressive in sport which is the mode I drive on all the time.

Did anyone remove the silly center divider on luggage compartment section??

Just put Corsa mode on for a short time and oh man the exhaust sound really gets deeper, louder and burbles compared to sport or strada modes.

I am looking to upgrade to an aftermarket titanium system soon but stock def does not sound bad if you are in Corsa I just wish it was more aggressive in sport which is the mode I drive on all the time.

I am glad to hear you have felt the real experience! Smart move to not go there on day one. When the weather is right and the rubber is hot, I am corsa on all highways and backroads. Its just so much more reactive and fun!

I think I took my luggage divider out. I'll check later. The weather here has been terrible. Not enough snow to do any fun snow activities and to cold, wet and icy to enjoy the cars. :crybaby2:

I am looking at the IPE Innotech exhaust and the DMC titanium (which is priced surprisingly cheap for titanium. I am leaning towards the IPE. The youtube clips are awesome!

I am glad to hear you have felt the real experience! Smart move to not go there on day one. When the weather is right and the rubber is hot, I am corsa on all highways and backroads. Its just so much more reactive and fun!

I think I took my luggage divider out. I'll check later. The weather here has been terrible. Not enough snow to do any fun snow activities and to cold, wet and icy to enjoy the cars. :crybaby2:

I am looking at the IPE Innotech exhaust and the DMC titanium (which is priced surprisingly cheap for titanium. I am leaning towards the IPE. The youtube clips are awesome!

No capritso??

No capritso??

The Capristo clips I have heard sound stock to me. Search y-tube for the ipe. I would post a link but they are not sponsors and I remember they tried to advertise for free on here a few months ago.

If someone has taken the divider out of the trunk, please let us know how you accomplished this. It looks like there are 2 circular fasteners holding it on the luggage compartment firewalls, but I'm not sure how to get these released.

The Capristo clips I have heard sound stock to me. Search y-tube for the ipe. I would post a link but they are not sponsors and I remember they tried to advertise for free on here a few months ago.

I have Capristo remote exhaust bypass installed... Works great, sounds awesome!

If someone has taken the divider out of the trunk, please let us know how you accomplished this. It looks like there are 2 circular fasteners holding it on the luggage compartment firewalls, but I'm not sure how to get these released.

Piece of cake...

All you need is a Door Panel Clip Removal Tool - Upholstery Tool to remove the black snap in grommets.

Here is an example of the tool required..

http://www.amazon.com/Door-Panel-Clip-Remo...l/dp/B0025EQMBK

Take your time removing them and they can be reinstalled..

I have Capristo remote exhaust bypass installed... Works great, sounds awesome!

On an Aventador? I would love to hear / see clips. I am not doubting you, I just have not been impressed with the clips on youtube. They sound nearly the same as stock to me. If you can create a more accurate clip, I would appreciate it very much. I am sure Capristo would too! So far, the IPE clips are the only examples I have heard that have the wow factor that I like (similar to Kreissieg).

Yes on a 2013 Aventador..

Just disconnect your exhaust vacuum hose and drive your car.. see if you like the sound.

The best part is with the Capristo remote you can turn it on and off at the push of the button..

The choice is yours..

Yes on a 2013 Aventador..

Just disconnect your exhaust vacuum hose and drive your car.. see if you like the sound.

The best part is with the Capristo remote you can turn it on and off at the push of the button..

The choice is yours..

There are many exhausts with remote valves. The question is how great does it sound when opened? Did you add Capristo valves to a stock exhaust or did you do the full system?

There are many exhausts with remote valves. The question is how great does it sound when opened? Did you add Capristo valves to a stock exhaust or did you do the full system?

Stock exhaust..

I bought another Aventador in Arancio Argos but a bit smaller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Aventa...111009268436%26

I just received 2 of these in Argos for my son! One for the house and one for the beach house.

I had to pay a fortune in shipping to import them from the UK since they're not available in the US yet.

I also got the matte black SV and the quality is terrible is the aventador one better?

The Aventador's just came in this week. I put it together for my son, but since it has a euro power supply we have to pick up a converter. So, we haven't used it yet. The SV is battery powered, the Aventador is battery and/or remote powered and the gallardo is pedal powered. They are all cool in my book! The other Aventador was dropped at my beach house and assembled there. Now I just have to free up time to get over there! lol

post-24086-1360369586_thumb.png

Ragin bull, correct me if am wrong but i think you were contemplating a Kreisseig for your aventador. Do you know if they are making an exhaust for it yet? I had one on my Gallardo and it was wicked.

Ragin bull, correct me if am wrong but i think you were contemplating a Kreisseig for your aventador. Do you know if they are making an exhaust for it yet? I had one on my Gallardo and it was wicked.

I exchange emails with Kreissieg about the Aventador exhaust every few weeks. Eddy confirmed today that it will be longer than 6 months before they bring their Aventador exhaust to market. :crybaby2:

I am looking at IPE and Powercraft. I will decide soon.

Kreissieg blows them all away in my book. I wish they could get it together. :unsure:

I exchange emails with Kreissieg about the Aventador exhaust every few weeks. Eddy confirmed today that it will be longer than 6 months before they bring their Aventador exhaust to market. :crybaby2:

I am looking at IPE and Powercraft. I will decide soon.

Kreissieg blows them all away in my book. I wish they could get it together. :unsure:

I think it is worth the wait for Kresseig to develop an exhaust. They have the best sound of any system on the market. Have you heard their exhaust on the countach? Makes me want to buy a countach just for that.