Fuel tank filter change

IlToro

I would be curious to know this as well. I have new external fuel filters and pumps I'm planning to install but I dunno about doing the internal filter.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be attempting to change out my fuel pumps and filters (but not the in tank filter) tomorrow. Everything appears to be working but I had already purchased this stuff so I figure I might as well swap them out. New O2 sensors as well.

WHAT A MESS!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. First time ever doing a Fuel pump and fuel filters on any car. Cranked it up, pulled the fuel pump fuses and let it die out. Removed the wheel well and bottom panel. Pain in the ass to loosen all those little clamp bolts. Swapped out the pumps first which was less messy. Switching out those tiny filters spilled a lot of fuel though.

What are people using to replace those upper Weber filters right beneath the coolant tank? I may come back and do those another time.

From another site. "A compatible filter for the Weber-FI-02/2 is a Napa Gold 3008". Doesn't come up on NAPA web site though.

So you didn't drain the tank?

From another site. "A compatible filter for the Weber-FI-02/2 is a Napa Gold 3008". Doesn't come up on NAPA web site though.

So you didn't drain the tank?

There are two filters right behind the tank (small Fiat) filters, then the fuel pumps, and then long connections up to the larger Weber fuel filters which sit right beneath the coolant tank. I looked at the parts diagrams and did not see mention of any internal tank filter (though I wouldn't have tackled that anyways). Thanks for the mention of the Napa Gold's. There is an ebayer with the Weber's for $65 each as well. Not too too bad.

Edit: I drained the tank while attempting to swap the parts out haha. I thought originally that all the fuel pumps and filters were up by the coolant tank so I thought it would be easier to swap without draining.

Basically, the pumps and filters came new with caps on them, so as I pulled each old part out, i slid the new one back into one of the hoses and then the cap served to cut off flow until I was able to connect the other ends. Still lost a gallon or two I imagine.