Anyone tracked their lp570-SL? Wondering on costs

SpeedingLambo

Hi all, i am looking to get into a 2012 LP570-SL.

I use to own a GT-R which I tracked quiet a bit, roughly 30-35 days in the year. The costs werent too bad on that.

Now I want to get myself the SL and would want to continue tracking, though the number of days will reduce as I dont have that many free days anymore but I would love to keep tracking it about once a month atleast.

If someone with experience chime in that would be great.

What all do I have to keep in mind while tracking this car. Like in the GT-R the biggest issue was trans oil and diff oil heating. What about in this car?

Thanks

Since you track a lot, I would recommend something more dedicated such as an Ariel atom or lotus 7. They are extremely fast and more direct.

The 570 will do fine. I would avoid ceramic brakes, get a clear bra and maybe track tires.

Since you track a lot, I would recommend something more dedicated such as an Ariel atom or lotus 7. They are extremely fast and more direct.

The 570 will do fine. I would avoid ceramic brakes, get a clear bra and maybe track tires.

Nothing wrong or not enjoyable about tracking a Superleggera. It's not crazy expensive but certainly not cheap. Your biggest expense will be track insurance for each event. Since you do so many days I would suggest getting an annual policy that covers all of your track days. It will probably cost around $7k for an annual policy based upon my research.

I have never had any cooling problems with my '08 SL and that is running it hard in FL and GA in 90+ degree weather. All you need is some higher temp brake fluid, track pads and you're good to go. The factory Pirelli Corsa tires are good but eventually you might go with the Trofeo R from Pirelli which is much better and cost less than the Corsas.

Once you use up the factory brake rotors (assuming steel brakes) you can get a set of slotted rotors from Girodisc which are also much less than the factory stuff. I use them along with Carbotech pads and the braking power is exceptional.

In 4 years of tracking mine, I've only had 1 issue which was a ruptured hydraulic line to the transmission. Other than that, no issues at all with cooling, braking, diffs, etc. I change the fluids often to be on the safe side. Even the clutch snapshots show very little wear.

Good luck out there. It's a great car to track; you'll likely be the only one, it will get alot of attention (some good and some bad). The car does not get much respect from the hardcore track crowd, but it is a great track car IMHO.