RWD Conversion LP560

m6power

A few weeks ago, my front control arms failed on my LP560 causing me to replace both sides upper and lower. My mechanic then noticed today my CV axles, (or 1/2 shafts?) were bad as well. He suggested instead of replacing them, just to convert the car to a RWD. I thought about it, and liked the idea, but Im not sure if its easily done on the LP's? I know on pre LP's it has been done plenty of times, but I have yet to hear of any LP560's being converted. Would the same procedure be done on LP's as pre LP's? Also if done, would there be anything else that would be needed? Ive been searching for about a good few hours and the only difference I see between a 550-2 and 560-4 is the suspension? Or is this not correct? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

i didi a RWD conversion on my 06 ... i would start by just dropping the front driveshaft and see what happens

A few weeks ago, my front control arms failed on my LP560 causing me to replace both sides upper and lower. My mechanic then noticed today my CV axles, (or 1/2 shafts?) were bad as well. He suggested instead of replacing them, just to convert the car to a RWD. I thought about it, and liked the idea, but Im not sure if its easily done on the LP's? I know on pre LP's it has been done plenty of times, but I have yet to hear of any LP560's being converted. Would the same procedure be done on LP's as pre LP's? Also if done, would there be anything else that would be needed? Ive been searching for about a good few hours and the only difference I see between a 550-2 and 560-4 is the suspension? Or is this not correct? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

DWiggs and Whiteout are kinds of it from the Murci end. I would ask them for info on the Gs and see if they can help.

Thank you, Ill give them a shout. Im going to go ahead and go through with it, hopefully be done later today If I have some time free. Worst case scenario I put everything back together.

In your case, definitely tear down your dead half shafts and re-use the hub splines.

You can adjust the coilovers to lower the car to it's standard ride height (or go lower). When I did this, I didn't align the car. I have no pulling or odd tire wear. I used a standard coilover key.

You will greatly enjoy the conversion, especially in SoCal.

In your case, definitely tear down your dead half shafts and re-use the hub splines.

You can adjust the coilovers to lower the car to it's standard ride height (or go lower). When I did this, I didn't align the car. I have no pulling or odd tire wear. I used a standard coilover key.

You will greatly enjoy the conversion, especially in SoCal.

Unfortunately LP Gallardos suspension can not be adjusted like the pre LP Gallardo. We're almost done with the conversion. My biggest worry is the ride feeling floaty or not as "stable." I'll update soon.

ahhh. I figured they were all the same.

I drove my Murci without lowering the front for a year (5k+ miles). The only thing I noticed was having to use nose lift less often.

ahhh. I figured they were all the same.

I drove my Murci without lowering the front for a year (5k+ miles). The only thing I noticed was having to use nose lift less often.

That's good to hear. Ill hopefully be lowering the car as soon as SP-E comes out with lowering springs in the next couple months or so. So besides for looks the suspension should not be affected in anyway correct?

That's good to hear. Ill hopefully be lowering the car as soon as SP-E comes out with lowering springs in the next couple months or so. So besides for looks the suspension should not be affected in anyway correct?

Isn't Dave at Fabspeed putting in a group order on lowering springs that retain the factory lift option?

Well...the conversion is done! I just got back from a lengthy test drive...Wow what a difference between the two systems. The car feels so much more lighter and "nimble." The tail wants to whip badly when taking hard corners, you really need to pay careful attention. Im hoping coilovers will make the ride even better.

Yes! We did RWD conversion on an LP560 and it makes a huge difference! Not as much as a Murci but it is a great mod!

If you would like to discuss suspension options, let me know!

Enjoy the RWD!!

Yes! We did RWD conversion on an LP560 and it makes a huge difference! Not as much as a Murci but it is a great mod!

If you would like to discuss suspension options, let me know!

Enjoy the RWD!!

I would like to...check your inbox.