Check Engine Light?

Boner

My Check Engine 1 and Check Engine 2 lights both came on today. it happened right after I got gas a Quick Trip. It did the same thing with my Lotus V8. Has anyone had this problem before? It runs fine. Can someone tell me how to pull the codes on the car? It is a 94 VT. Thanks IAN

ck out lamboweb and go to repairs than go to diagnostic error codes,cycle the key 4xs and than the lights will flash count how many xs on left and right side

My Check Engine 1 and Check Engine 2 lights both came on today. it happened right after I got gas a Quick Trip. It did the same thing with my Lotus V8. Has anyone had this problem before? It runs fine. Can someone tell me how to pull the codes on the car? It is a 94 VT. Thanks IAN

did you fill up with diesel? it has happened before. :lol:

Yeah, That is the last time I buy Quick Trips gas. No, I did not put diesel in. I ran the codes, and it said Code 12 "Throttle Potientiometer". What does this mean, and why would bad gas trip this sensor? Also, if the engine wants to display more than one code, how does it do it? Thanks, Ian

All I know is that QT sucks. I cleared the LIE today, and the codes and check engine lights are gone. No problems at all.

Consider it an inexpensive lesson. Saving 2 bucks is not worth it. Stick to Mobil, Shell and Exxon.

Because I believe it to be a "cheaper" gas. If you've had luck with it for years, don't change on account of me. I won't use Chevron unless its the only option in the area and I'm running on empty. If there are 4 gas stations on the 4 corners, Chevron is usually the cheapest. Cheapest = Cheapest gas.

You guys need to check out some of the articles on gas that are common in Car & Driver. Most of the time, all of your local gas stations are buying their gas from a common distributor. That means Shell, Hess, Quickie-Mart, whoever all pull from the same tanks. There isn't a Shell specific distributor that only sells to Shell stations, etc.

There are times when a brand will add their own additive package (detergents, etc), but generally that occurs AFTER the local distribution level.

Your safest track is not buying from a brand that you recognize but buying from the busiest station in your area. The reason is that their tanks turn over more often, so it's less likely that you'll get sediment or water in a tankload from them. Buying from an out-of-the-way Mom-and-Pop place is the worst because it may take months for them to turn over their underground tanks.

Im with adam.... IN L.A. Chevron is the stuff... And considering we get a special blend of gas that isnt sold anywhere else in the world (GOD DAMN TREEHUGGERS) and is only refined here in the state at a limited number of refinerys, I suspect the stuff you get from Exxon is the same stuff you get from Chevron...