ENGINE SHIELD

julian

Can someone tell me if there is supposed to be an engine shield or cover underneath the engine: possibly held on with four fasteners? I saw my Gallardo on the ramp for the first time last week and thought it looked as though there was a shield or cover missing - there looked to be four attachment points ... but I could be wrong. Many thanks.

Can someone tell me if there is supposed to be an engine shield or cover underneath the engine: possibly held on with four fasteners? I saw my Gallardo on the ramp for the first time last week and thought it looked as though there was a shield or cover missing - there looked to be four attachment points ... but I could be wrong. Many thanks.

Lp570 and Lp560 cars have a engine cover but older ones don't.

I think you are referring to under tray?

Gallardo doesn't have it. Not sure about the lp560

Thanks for the reply. Good to know nothing has dropped off.

I came up with this idea last year and added the engine cover to my PRE-LP car. It wasn't that difficult. A buddy helped trim it for me and then I drilled some small mounting holes into the frame and its perfect up to at least 180mph that I'm aware of, lol.

You can really only add the rear engine cover and none of the other pieces are worth modding since they are covered pretty well anyhow.

Click on my thread for pictures of the install.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...view=getnewpost

I came up with this idea last year and added the engine cover to my PRE-LP car. It wasn't that difficult. A buddy helped trim it for me and then I drilled some small mounting holes into the frame and its perfect up to at least 180mph that I'm aware of, lol.

You can really only add the rear engine cover and none of the other pieces are worth modding since they are covered pretty well anyhow.

Click on my thread for pictures of the install.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...view=getnewpost

Great Write up.. so its not direct fit?

Its pretty easy honestly if you use an air tool to just trim a little bit. The rear frame of the LP cars is slightly different than the Pre-LP cars. It just needs a little trimming, then have someone help hold it while you trace the outline out on the frame with a pencil for a perfect fit.

Most of the engine cover fits really well since its essentially the same car.

Its pretty easy honestly if you use an air tool to just trim a little bit. The rear frame of the LP cars is slightly different than the Pre-LP cars. It just needs a little trimming, then have someone help hold it while you trace the outline out on the frame with a pencil for a perfect fit.

Most of the engine cover fits really well since its essentially the same car.

Another question, how about the those two shield on the side? Did you try that too may be ??