JRZ RS PRO

m6power

After doing a RWD conversion on my LP, it felt on the “floating” side when it came to the drive. The front end felt as if it was floating in the air, probably from the loss of weight I’ve been told. In order to get some stability I ordered a set of JRZ RS Pro coilovers from Fabspeed.

I seriously could not be happier with how this setup feels and works. What a difference it has made with how much smoother and softer the ride feels. I was very skeptical before purchasing the setup, and figured if the ride was the same as stock at least the car would be lower. Going over dips, speed bumps, and bumpy roads the coilovers just eat up the road, I’m extremely satisfied with how much more smoother and “grounded” the car feels. Handling is so much more responsive as well. I took my car on a canyon drive and I was all smiles with how much better the handling was. The adjustments are easy when it comes to height and rebound. The system does retain the factory lift system, which is a MUST when riding this low. Ive never used the lift system prior to this setup, but after going low, it’s a must. The quality of the setup is top notch, I would highly recommend the setup for anyone who is looking to upgrade their suspension, especially for the price.

JRZ’s customer service is great. I had a couple little hiccups during installation and Brian from JRZ did an excellent job in correcting the situation, he even called me on a Sunday to follow up. Great guy. Also, one last point or comment….Big thanks to Dave from Fabspeed. He initially told me the coilovers were going to be at my door in 2-3 weeks, which didn’t happen, it was close to 5. But he constantly kept me updated and let me know the reason, which I think is very important as a vendor. I have had some issues with other vendors who never follow up or explain a situation at hand which in turn leads to a frustrating transaction. So big thanks to the Fabspeed team.

Next on my list of mods on the way:

HRE S101's 20" in the rear and 19" in the front. Im wondering how the coilovers will respond to this setup, makes me kind of nervous.

LP570 rear diffuser and front Bumper.

I took a few quick pics with my iphone of how the car sits and the canisters mounted. I temporarily mounted the rear canisters with zip ties until my mechanic fabricates heat shielded mounts.

post-22031-1364835443_thumb.jpg

post-22031-1364835487_thumb.jpg

post-22031-1364835550_thumb.jpg

post-22031-1364835620_thumb.jpg

Looks really nice. Do you have a better picture with the complete part number on the eibach springs or do you know the spring rates you are using now?

Looks really nice. Do you have a better picture with the complete part number on the eibach springs or do you know the spring rates you are using now?

Honestly I don't. Dave might be able to answer that for you.

Very nice setup. I love mine and you are spot on with the comments on the ride improvement. My car feels much more compliant on the street and much better handling on the track. Congrats!

Honestly I don't. Dave might be able to answer that for you.

100N/mm F and 120 N/mm R which translates to 570 ln/in F and 685 lb/in R

Very nice setup. I love mine and you are spot on with the comments on the ride improvement. My car feels much more compliant on the street and much better handling on the track. Congrats!

Thanks Ron, your review was the main reason I went with JRZ to begin with. Thanks again!

Thanks Ron, your review was the main reason I went with JRZ to begin with. Thanks again!

You're welcome; glad to be of help. Your car looks incredible; proper stance makes all the difference.

Good stuff. The springs rates are right around what I've run before so I'm sure everything will ride pretty good.

I think that is what Roncfpz told me he was running before.

What is interesting after doing lots of research is that Lamborghini upped the spring rates dramatically in the LP cars for some reason. I know they added another suspension arm in the rear I believe for better toe adjustment. KW suspension also upped their springs rates on their KW3 coilovers when you compare them to a Gallardo and to a LP car.

The car should work fine with 19's and 20's. I'm sure you will love it!

I'd recommend you check out Girodisc rotors to consider saving some rotational weight and its a great bang for buck.

Good stuff. The springs rates are right around what I've run before so I'm sure everything will ride pretty good.

I think that is what Roncfpz told me he was running before.

What is interesting after doing lots of research is that Lamborghini upped the spring rates dramatically in the LP cars for some reason. I know they added another suspension arm in the rear I believe for better toe adjustment. KW suspension also upped their springs rates on their KW3 coilovers when you compare them to a Gallardo and to a LP car.

The car should work fine with 19's and 20's. I'm sure you will love it!

I'd recommend you check out Girodisc rotors to consider saving some rotational weight and its a great bang for buck.

Thanks for the info! Ill look up those rotors. I'm hoping I don't feel the weight difference since HRE is supposed to be considerably less in weight but time will tell. Worse case I purchase 19" rears if I'm not happy with performance lol.

Thanks for the info! Ill look up those rotors. I'm hoping I don't feel the weight difference since HRE is supposed to be considerably less in weight but time will tell. Worse case I purchase 19" rears if I'm not happy with performance lol.

I have 19/20 HRE setup on mine and they are lighter than some 19s all around depending on wheel/tire/ etc...I'm getting HRE to make me a set of 18 rears right now actually for more tire options on certain high speed events.

Tires make a difference surprisingly up to 2-5lbs in the exact same size but different brand version. Michelin pilot sport cups are really light compared to a Michelin ps2 or super sport tire in the same size

The rotors can save you a lot in rotational weight for a couple grand and is a great product at giro disc.

Let us know about the rebound/compression settings you end up using.

I have 19/20 HRE setup on mine and they are lighter than some 19s all around depending on wheel/tire/ etc...I'm getting HRE to make me a set of 18 rears right now actually for more tire options on certain high speed events.

Tires make a difference surprisingly up to 2-5lbs in the exact same size but different brand version. Michelin pilot sport cups are really light compared to a Michelin ps2 or super sport tire in the same size

The rotors can save you a lot in rotational weight for a couple grand and is a great product at giro disc.

Let us know about the rebound/compression settings you end up using.

It's good to know someone else has done a staggered fitment without issues or complaints. Did you notice any sacrifice in performance? Im going to be running SuperSport's. As for the rebound settings, I have the rears set to the middle setting, and the fronts set to two clicks counter clockwise (Whatever that means lol). We're still tweaking with the system learning the settings, but so far Im happy with how things are now. Obviously everything will change when the new wheels are on. I think I will be doing the upgrade to Girodisc, I like what I have been reading so far.

For the very short period that I owned a 560

I put Girodiscs on. Great looking product!

If I remember correctly, I think I actually went up in diameter on the fronts also.

If I can find a picture, ill post it here for you. I also used their pads which seemed to

dust less than oem pads.

For the very short period that I owned a 560

I put Girodiscs on. Great looking product!

If I remember correctly, I think I actually went up in diameter on the fronts also.

If I can find a picture, ill post it here for you. I also used their pads which seemed to

dust less than oem pads.

I went bigger diameter up front from 365mm stock to 380mm and vented/cross drilled from Girodisc. I've tested these things from some insane 140-180mph multiple times back to back and they are holding up well. Not much dust but I'm not sure what pads I have on them.

• 3 weeks later...
What was the weight saving with the JRZ coilovers?

Im not sure. I don't think it's significant, I could be wrong though.

Im not sure. I don't think it's significant, I could be wrong though.

the weight saving is actually pretty good! i am looking for where i have it written down from my AU customer and will report back when i find it.

the weight saving is actually pretty good! i am looking for where i have it written down from my AU customer and will report back when i find it.

Awesome I had no clue lol