LP570-4 Superleggera on new 20in ADV5.1 SL

THISINDOLYFE

I've been holding off taking pictures of the wheels for a long time since I've been busy. The car is sitting on KW v3 coilovers and HLS kit, 20x9 (f) and 20x12 ® ADV 5.1 SL wheels, Larini exhaust, carbonio intake and am waiting for my STS engine hood and wing to arrive.

1_zps32d8bbb4.jpg

2_zps611a5fee.jpg

4_zps799de83c.jpg

3_zps82b777b8.jpg

6_zpsbfe614ce.jpg

8_zps000035cc.jpg

Err.. nevermind the dude in the boxers and tanks....

Very nice!!!

Question....how do you like the KW v3 coilovers? I have the optional sport suspension on my 560 and it is too stiff for my liking (especially on these MI roads) and want to soften up the ride. Would the KWs you have on be a good way to go?

Joko very nice setup :icon_thumleft:

Kisco, I will try to explain the best I can, KW3 because of the helper spring is softer than factory SL at low speed but not softer than the 560 IMO, maybe about the same, at high speed KW behaves very well, not as "floaty" as the standard 560, since you are a straight line warrior the setup could work very well for you.

I actually regret changing the standard SL suspension, at low speed with the KW I feel that I lost some of the very sharp/precise and direct steering feel I had before with the standard setup, before I could feel the wheels on the road with lots of feedback through the steering wheel, with KW because there is not enough downforce in the low speed corners to compress the helper spring most of that feeling and feedback is gone and I don't like it, for me the factory SL setup it is better than the KW with the only downside of it not being adjustable, if the factory setup was adjustable you'd never change it.

I hope that confused you enough :lol2:

Kisco, I will try to explain the best I can, KW3 because of the helper spring is softer than factory SL at low speed but not softer than the 560 IMO, maybe about the same, at high speed KW behaves very well, not as "floaty" as the standard 560, since you are a straight line warrior the setup could work very well for you.

I actually regret changing the standard SL suspension, at low speed with the KW I feel that I lost some of the very sharp/precise and direct steering feel I had before with the standard setup, before I could feel the wheels on the road with lots of feedback through the steering wheel, with KW because there is not enough downforce in the low speed corners to compress the helper spring most of that feeling and feedback is gone and I don't like it, for me the factory SL setup it is better than the KW with the only downside of it not being adjustable, if the factory setup was adjustable you'd never change it.

I hope that confused you enough :lol2:

Wait...what??

lol, jk Fortis. I got you, thanks.

I am just trying to find a way to soften up the suspension of my car a tad while maintaining handling/steering/cornering feel. I have the sport package on my car so it's a rough rider.

Anyway, we will stay on topic for the OP and I have started a thread on the 'other' forum to hopefully get some answers.

Car looks great!! I love that wheel, wasn't sure how it would work on the Gallardo so used it on another car, but yours came out perfect! :)

Very nice!!!

Question....how do you like the KW v3 coilovers? I have the optional sport suspension on my 560 and it is too stiff for my liking (especially on these MI roads) and want to soften up the ride. Would the KWs you have on be a good way to go?

I have the KW's on my 560...I somewhat disagree with the fact that it made the ride softer, feels stiffer IMO. After reading Fortis' post below...it makes sense why Joko and I have had varying opinions; he's in a SL, me a 560. They definitely cut down on the float like Fortis mentioned as well. Hope that adds even more to the confusion :)

Kisco, I will try to explain the best I can, KW3 because of the helper spring is softer than factory SL at low speed but not softer than the 560 IMO, maybe about the same, at high speed KW behaves very well, not as "floaty" as the standard 560, since you are a straight line warrior the setup could work very well for you......

I think in conclusion you will noticed an improvement if you come from a 560, they must've R&D a 560 if any at all :icon_mrgreen: