HELP! AC Compressor not turning on Advice needed

215mph

Hello,

First my AC is not coming on, I filled the system with Freon and the AC compressor does not come on. We juiced to test the compressor separately and it does turn on and the Ac blew cold. So we know the compressor is good. Here are my 2 questions.

1) Where is the Receiver Dryer Located?

2) Where is the switch located that cycles the AC Compressor? Is it by the Evaporator?

I appreciate the support. Thanks in advance

Hello,

First my AC is not coming on, I filled the system with Freon and the AC compressor does not come on. We juiced to test the compressor separately and it does turn on and the Ac blew cold. So we know the compressor is good. Here are my 2 questions.

1) Where is the Receiver Dryer Located?

2) Where is the switch located that cycles the AC Compressor? Is it by the Evaporator?

I appreciate the support. Thanks in advance

On my 93, the receiver dryer is visible from the engine bay, just underneath the funnel that carries air to the air box, [drivers side on LHD cars]

You can also access it in behind the wheel well, where the battery is.

Check fuse 5A in grey box located in engine compartment , left side about 12" from fire wall, in front of dryer

Check fuse 5A in grey box located in engine compartment , left side about 12" from fire wall, in front of dryer

Removed the Carbonfiber panel and Plastic cover over the Fuse box. Found four 5A fuses and they all appear fine. So I guess it's not the fuse?

Removed the Carbonfiber panel and Plastic cover over the Fuse box. Found four 5A fuses and they all appear fine. So I guess it's not the fuse?

When you say " appear". ...how did you check them.? You must use a meter to check them properly.

When you say " appear". ...how did you check them.? You must use a meter to check them properly.

I justed looked to see if the wire was broken. I didn't have a meter so I guess the fuse could be defective even by a visual inspection.

I own a 98 SV.

I justed looked to see if the wire was broken. I didn't have a meter so I guess the fuse could be defective even by a visual inspection.

I own a 98 SV.

If nothing else, you can pull the fuse and exchange it for another one of the same amperage.

Nice car, I one of those too!

If you press the defrost button dose the comp turn on.

I will check today and get back to you. I did replace the AC Relay under the Passenger side panel to be safe but no success.