Door Lock Confirmation Chirp

ToofDoc

> Our car, like endless others, will lock and arm the car (red light blinking on doors) but no siren beep. That is the problem.

Does your car have the two disable buttons and the volumetric sensor?

> Our car, like endless others, will lock and arm the car (red light blinking on doors) but no siren beep. That is the problem.

Does your car have the two disable buttons and the volumetric sensor?

Yes. All Gallardos with the alarm system have these 2 buttons behind the driver's seat.

And as a confirmation that the siren is actually functional, when you stick your arm into the car thru an open window while it is armed, the siren goes off.

I can now confirm that it looks like only cars with the alarm system are *capable* of chirping. That now explains why some owner's cars do not chirp.

But many with the alarm system should chirp, but are failing to do so.

I am escalating this to Lambo corporate now, but that could be a long wait for a response....

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

After calling a ton of dealerships on both sides of the border this is what I finally found out.

All USA Gallardos that can chirp (ie. that have the optional alarm system) chirp. They come that way from the factory.

All Canadian Gallardos do NOT chirp.

If you have a Canadian car that does, it is a USA car that was imported and has the OEM car alarm.

So, now that this mystery is half-solved, need to figure out how to program the car to enable the Canadian Gallardo to chirp on lock.

And that is proving to be a big problem....

Carbuff, My 2013 Canadian spec LP560 does NOT chirp! Yes I would like it to chirp when i lock my doors. Good luck with this mystery!!!

Hey Rhyno! Long time no see.

Now we know why yours does not chirp!

Working on a solution....

1104706[/url]']

Carbuff, You getting a Huracan?

Was at the dealer today. There is a long wait list, so I will take another look when the backlog clears in a year. So the short answer is No.