560-LP vs 458

JSeven

I would like to know opinion of Gallardo owners who have made a test drive or switch to a Ferrari 458! Care to share your opinion with us ! Thanks in advance.

J.Seven

J.Seven, looked seriously and drove the 458 before purchasing my LP 550-2.

While likes and dislikes of each model can be quite subjective, it was Lamborghini of Houston that pushed the LP over the top for me. By far the best car purchase experience in my life. The after purchase service has been exceptional!

The 458 and Gallardo are both amazing, you cant go wrong with either choice. I would not give up my 550-2 Spyder for a 458, but I wouldnt mind adding a 458 to my stable if I had the room.

458 > lp560

it's a generation ahead. the 458 has more power, faster transmission, better electronics. the result is a car that suits many driving needs while retaining the fun factor. it's also one of the best sounding v8 ferrari in stock form.

lp560 / gallardo was quite advanced 10 years ago. it's aging well but definitely behind the competition.

The 458 is technically superior to the LP560, but the 458 is fairly close to the LP570 performance-wise. It's really a matter of personal preference though. The LP570 better suits my driving preferences - I prefer the more raw feel to the technical wizardry of the 458.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine has traditionally owned Ferraris but cancelled his 458 build right before putting down a deposit to get an LP570 as a holdover before the Gallardo replacement or an Aventador roadster...

I drove the 458 and the McLaren, but still went for the LP 550-2 (mine was a Special Edition). The 550-2 is technically inferior, to the McLaren and Ferrari, but lots more fun, and I think it just looks nicer, but thats personal taste of course!

My experience with the Lambo Dealership has been fantastic, and will definately stick with Lambo going forwards...

Offside_Front.JPG

Rear__2_.JPG

I also think the G still looks better than 458 and Mclaren and regarding sound I also think is t sounds better. If I had to buy new, I probably wouldn´t opt for the G as the Cabrera is round the orner, but in the used market the LP-560 right now is the best option cause it offers almost the same for a much better price.

J.Seven

I also think the G still looks better than 458 and Mclaren and regarding sound I also think is t sounds better. If I had to buy new, I probably wouldn´t opt for the G as the Cabrera is round the orner, but in the used market the LP-560 right now is the best option cause it offers almost the same for a much better price.

J.Seven

IMO you should go for a used LP570 - it's much more fun and raw to drive than the LP560. If the LP570 is too much, I would either wait for the G replacement or get an LP550-2 with a 6-speed.

The McLaren is cool if you have a stable of exotics or really love interesting doors. The fit and finish wasn't on par with the price for me, and it lacks the soul of the Italians.