blinking nose lift light problem (but only after the car has been driven??)

THISINDOLYFE

Wow...very weird!!!

Lol it's funny because when it happened I started making up excuses to jump into an Aventador or place an order for the Huracan. Lmao.

Lol it's funny because when it happened I started making up excuses to jump into an Aventador or place an order for the Huracan. Lmao.

doing the same...but we still have to fix it probably if we want someone to buy our 560s ; )

To bring this thread back up again, just a quick question. Does this problem go away if you switch back to OEM shocks?

I am in the process of selling the car and the new owner wants everything back to standard. I am ASSUMING that by going back to standard, the blinking nose lift problem should go away, yes??

To bring this thread back up again, just a quick question. Does this problem go away if you switch back to OEM shocks?

I am in the process of selling the car and the new owner wants everything back to standard. I am ASSUMING that by going back to standard, the blinking nose lift problem should go away, yes??

Hi Joko Tanoyo,

If you go back to oem standard shocks with front lift, provided the front lift pump is still ok, I would suspect that the front lift should work.

I still suspect that the oem front lift pump and the pressure it has to provide to the kw3 lift collars is outside the oem lift pumps operating pressure range, causing the front lift problems the three of us with kW3's have experienced.

PM sent.

Just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

Just a quick heads up.

I removed the KW+HLS yesterday. Everything went well. The stock lifters worked perfect like normal, in fact, maybe because I have already forgotten, the stock lifters went up very quickly, much faster than the KW ever did (which was really slow and sluggish, the very few times it worked). The one strange thing though was that when we switched back to the stock lifters, I told the technician to rebleed the whole system again just to be sure there was no air. There was A LOT of air that were bled out and I also had to refill a whole big bottle's worth of fluids to top the pump back to full. The technician was also stumped about why there was a lot of air and why we had to top off so much fluid. There was no leakage and the system was bled before (during the KW fiasco). We also checked that the fluid was full prior to removing the KW.

So where did all that air come from and where did all the fluid go?? Weird. Anyway, one less headache now that the stock lifters are back on.

Here's the last pic after it came back from the shop. Looks like a standard STS now..

CameraZOOM-20140316094148427_zps8c0e2299[/url]

Just a quick heads up.

I removed the KW+HLS yesterday. Everything went well. The stock lifters worked perfect like normal, in fact, maybe because I have already forgotten, the stock lifters went up very quickly, much faster than the KW ever did (which was really slow and sluggish, the very few times it worked). The one strange thing though was that when we switched back to the stock lifters, I told the technician to rebleed the whole system again just to be sure there was no air. There was A LOT of air that were bled out and I also had to refill a whole big bottle's worth of fluids to top the pump back to full. The technician was also stumped about why there was a lot of air and why we had to top off so much fluid. There was no leakage and the system was bled before (during the KW fiasco). We also checked that the fluid was full prior to removing the KW.

So where did all that air come from and where did all the fluid go?? Weird. Anyway, one less headache now that the stock lifters are back on.

Here's the last pic after it came back from the shop. Looks like a standard STS now..

CameraZOOM-20140316094148427_zps8c0e2299.jpg[/url]

Hi Joko,

thanks for the update on your experience with the reversion from kw3 shocks with front lift back to standard oem shocks with front lift. Much appreciated.

I can only speculate that the air in the front lift system when you bled it was caused by cavitation by the oem pump impeller as the oem front lift pump tried to operate at the pressure required to inflate the Kw lift collars.

It would appear that the kw lift collars required more fluid pressure to expand than the oem lift collars. The apparent 'weakness' of the oem pump to generate the fluid pressure might explain why it took longer for the front to lift with the kw shocks and their kw lift collar using the oem pump.

I would further speculate that it also would take longer to inflate the lift collars if air was in the system as the 'incompressible' nature of fluids would be adversely affected by the air in the fluid.

I will pass you experience onto the KW agent here in Melbourne who supplied my KW3 shocks with front lift collars.

I see your G is back to standard STS. Still looks very nice.

Did that include changing out the carbon fibre revozport engine cover or has it been retained?

See my pm to you.

cheers,

john

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quick heads up.

Thanks Joko. I wonder if bleeding the system is what fixed your problem, or the coil-overs themselves...I had mine bled multiple times and still have issues. Would be interested to hear if the system remains functioning properly with the new owner after using it a few weeks, is the car going to someone you know?

I had my mechanic look at my car over the weekend, and he had told me one of the springs weren't sitting right...Im not sure what that means, but it took him minutes to adjust and everything is working properly now.

I had my mechanic look at my car over the weekend, and he had told me one of the springs weren't sitting right...Im not sure what that means, but it took him minutes to adjust and everything is working properly now.

that sounds odd as the springs are all set on the KWs from factory. wonder what he really meant??? :)

• 4 months later...

The saga continues with my lift issues. I finally installed the OEMs and all worked fine for a week thus ruling out pump and\or leak issue. I pulled the OEMs out reinstalled the KW and instantly the prob returned. The KW tech I am speaking to is asking that I send in my coils for them to "inspect", but all communique to this point has been looking at other components causing the issue.

Anyone else had issues or fixed?