Espada Convertible

EpDarks

Check this out.... :eusa_think:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Other-...=US_Cars_Trucks

Item#: 261317313505

The ONLY 1970 Lamborghini Espada Convertible in the WORLD!

During the late Nineties, a rather special Espada was offered for sale, this car was in fact an early 1970 Espada which was completely customized in Germany.

The car was finished in a brilliant red paint over a white leather interior, but the most striking feature was actually the fact that this car was now a convertible, during the removal of the roof section the bodyshop performing this job also redesigned the entire car, the front of the car received smaller rectangular headlights and a deep front spoiler was installed too.

The wheel arches were enlarged covering deep wheels, 345 rear tires, while side skirts were also moulded into the bodywork.

This is in fact the ONLY espada convertible in the world! it still has the original chassis and lamborghini 4.0 v12. However the previous owner had the car sitting in storage for the past 5 years. This is truly a barn find project, it will need a good going through. It was driven into the spot 5 years ago because the rear brake siezed and has sat since. The coolant was drained but not the gas, so it will need an oil change and new gas and should start up.

I reiterate, THIS IS A PROJECT most likely would need a restoration. Do not expect to drive this car out, it does not start and needs brake work. It has sat and will need someone who has the time to go through it and clean it up. Will need all the normal maintance for a car that has sat. The paint has imperfections and by no means is show ready. The paint and body are in "driver" condition. Convertible top has rips and tears around the edges, I would most likely take it off before any drives and store the car indoors. The convertible top does not line up with the body as it sits therefore will need a new top and some attention.

As it sits the car will need attention not only in the drivetrain but the body as well. It will need someone who is looking for a project to replace the top, do body work, and finish up the details of the car.

Chassis #: 7665

Engine #: 40217

Vin: 7665

Seen that car on the registry and on a few forums. Not a fan but to each his own.

I was going to post about this car a few weeks ago.

The question I have is: what can be done with this besides parting it out?

Is it possible the rear quarters are still there? How much can you put it back? The front end is imo horrible. The wheels maybe cool. Interior had been let alone for the most part.

All the after market convertibles from the 80's are horrible too. I used to do sunroof, electric sunroofs, moon roofs, and convertible........and the quality of the kits were bad. This car no different. Notice that he does not show the top?

I would pay 10k.

Guys, the auction has "questions" at the bottom. I think a seller has no control over posting the questions, they show up no matter what. I think we all should bombard him with questions.

• 2 months later...