Painted Calipers

gemlender

Thanks. Yes the color is Giallo Tenerife (highlighter yellow)

Love the color - did you pick this up from Lambo NB a few years back?

I remember seeing this shade of yellow and being blown away by it. From what I've read this is the only 570 in this color, correct me if I'm wrong.

Beautiful!!

Questions:

1) Who did yours?

2) What's the cost of paint?

3) Did you or some shop remove them and just shipped the calipers to the paint shop OR your entire car went to the paint shop?

4) What was the turn around time?

5) Is the "Lamborghini" script a sticker then clear coated or painted on?

I'm asking all this is because I'll be having mine stock black calipers painted/coverted as well. I was quoted $2400 by the dealer and it will be a sticker with clear coating for the script. It's a pain because for Gallardos, the brake calipers only says "Lamborghini", on the Aventador, the brake calipers says "Lamborghini Carboceramici" There are no stickers that I can find on eBay!!?

Love the color - did you pick this up from Lambo NB a few years back?

I remember seeing this shade of yellow and being blown away by it. From what I've read this is the only 570 in this color, correct me if I'm wrong.

The car was in Lambo NB but was transferred to LOH (Houston) where I purchased it in Oct 2012. Yes this is the only 570 in this color. It is a stunning color. I just hit 8k miles on it driving it back to Houston today for its first service.

Beautiful!! Thanks

Questions: and Answers

1) Who did yours? A local Porsche dealer sent them off to be painted

2) What's the cost of paint? Paid $550 plus shipping for the paint.

3) Did you or some shop remove them and just shipped the calipers to the paint shop OR your entire car went to the paint shop? A friend who works at the Porsche dealer took them off at my house and sent them in for me (no charge for that)

4) What was the turn around time? Took 2 weeks

5) Is the "Lamborghini" script a sticker then clear coated or painted on? It is a sticker that has a clear coat over them

"Lamborghini Carboceramici" There are no stickers that I can find on eBay!!? I had mine made by a local shop.

When you say paint do you mean powder coated? I'd think just paint wouldn't hold up as well.

Powder coating is no bueno on calipers

When you say paint do you mean powder coated? I'd think just paint wouldn't hold up as well.

I've had painted calipers on all of my cars and never had any issue.

While powder coating may be more 'durable', it is VERY difficult to match specific colors with PC. Painting is fine, and you can get perfect matches much easier.

Car looks GREAT, Gem!

I've had painted calipers on all of my cars and never had any issue.

While powder coating may be more 'durable', it is VERY difficult to match specific colors with PC. Painting is fine, and you can get perfect matches much easier.

Car looks GREAT, Gem!

Thanks Mike. Where ya been? Yes they are paint. Hard to match the color with Powder I was told.

Thanks Mike. Where ya been? Yes they are paint. Hard to match the color with Powder I was told.

Powder also keeps heat in = bad

Power hides cracks and fractures in caliper = bad

Buuuuussssssyyyyyyyyyy.......

:(

Powder also keeps heat in = bad

Power hides cracks and fractures in caliper = bad

Sure...While this may be correct, 99.9% of the people on this board interested in painting/powdercoating their calipers are doing it purely for cosmetic reasons, and will probably never ever get their brakes near the temperatures where this would be an issue.

I can also say in the ~20 years I've spent on tracks in all different kinds of vehicles I haven't had a caliper crack or fracture that wasn't related to another part failing causing obvious damage (and I've been in some REAL shitty cars with some REAL shitty brakes!). I've had caliper piston seal failures, but even those are somewhat rare. But then again, I'm not racing competitively at 10 10ths, more like for 'sport' at 7 or 8 10ths.

Not saying that it doesn't happen, but if it's going to happen, there is probably something else going on, too.