maintenance question - fluids on gallardo spyder?

sonict

hey guys - what fluids are typically necessary on an 08 gallardo w/ 15k miles? i've been quoted the "15k mile service" which includes engine oil, differential oil, and coolant. How much labor is involved in hours?

hey guys - what fluids are typically necessary on an 08 gallardo w/ 15k miles? i've been quoted the "15k mile service" which includes engine oil, differential oil, and coolant. How much labor is involved in hours?

I don't think I'd mess with the coolant at 15k...Maybe just check the level and concentration, and top off as needed.

The oil and filter are ~$150 altogether. The trans/rear diff fluid and front diff fluid is probably ~$100.

Spyders are a touch more difficult than coupes. So I would say about 4-5 hours labor TOPS! This is not difficult stuff to do. In a coupe this would take about 3 hours.

I don't think I'd mess with the coolant at 15k...Maybe just check the level and concentration, and top off as needed.

The oil and filter are ~$150 altogether. The trans/rear diff fluid and front diff fluid is probably ~$100.

Spyders are a touch more difficult than coupes. So I would say about 4-5 hours labor TOPS! This is not difficult stuff to do. In a coupe this would take about 3 hours.

Prices quoted above are for parts only btw. Change the brake fluid also. Far more important than coolant. Front diff doesn't need to be changed at 15k (despite of factory interval). Change your cabin filter (2 hrs labor alone). Inspect air filter also.

Prices quoted above are for parts only btw. Change the brake fluid also. Far more important than coolant. Front diff doesn't need to be changed at 15k (despite of factory interval). Change your cabin filter (2 hrs labor alone). Inspect air filter also.

Yes...I should have said that I was quoting prices on the fluids, not the entire job...It's really not rocket science, and any accomplished mechanic could handle it.

And I agree...Brake fluid > Coolant.

Change your cabin filter (2 hrs labor alone).

this is one task I will not DIY..not worth the time/pain....worth paying the mechanic to do it.

really dumb ass design by VW... on my Acura it was a 10 minute job.

1105419[/url]']

this is one task I will not DIY..not worth the time/pain....worth paying the mechanic to do it.

really dumb ass design by VW... on my Acura it was a 10 minute job.

Yup, it wasn't fun and I hope I don't have to do it again!

thanks for the responses so far guys. I was quoted $2500 for a fluid/spark plug service, is this fair or necessary on an 08 with 15k miles? Also, any thoughts on the depreciation of the Gallardo? thinking I should sell now and buy a cheaper car, any thoughts on this?

$2500 service includes - coolant, diff oil, engine oil, spark plugs, brake flush. independent mechanic

thanks for the responses so far guys. I was quoted $2500 for a fluid/spark plug service, is this fair or necessary on an 08 with 15k miles? Also, any thoughts on the depreciation of the Gallardo? thinking I should sell now and buy a cheaper car, any thoughts on this?

$2500 service includes - coolant, diff oil, engine oil, spark plugs, brake flush. independent mechanic

Ridiculously high. At most you have $1000.00 in fluids and labor.

$1500.00 to change spark plugs that are $10.00 each on Amazon?

Nice profit.

You got ripped off. Spark Plug change is only needed at 30k. They probably charged the Lambo price of $59 per plug.

You got ripped off. Spark Plug change is only needed at 30k. They probably charged the Lambo price of $59 per plug.

Appreciate the input guys. I haven't done any service work yet, the rate per hr is just insanely high. Anyone know a reasonable mechanic in Miami who isn't trying to get rich off a fluid change?