COUNTACH LP400S / LP500S WANTED in France...

Ayanami

Hi everyone :)

Let's put it straight : I'm looking for a Countach LP400S, first serie if possible, or LP500S or QV (with no skirt...), no US bumpers, and preferably not a UK car neither (the wheel on the wrong side is not much appreciated by the french certifying authorities...) black or white, equipped with a rear wing, available for sale in Europe 4 to 6 months from now. The car is to be used in France and Europe.

The holy LP400 is definitively over my budget... :mrgreen:

I have been looking all over the net from Singapore, where I live for now, found some interesting offers and contacted great guys (in Switzerland) but...too late (what's great with these guys is that you can talk for hours about the car before they finally ask 'Oh..by the way...what's your budget ?). I've given up trying to get in contact with the french dealers (don't ask why...)...

So..I'm trying my chance here... :)

Should you have any contact or friend from your club having one for sale, would you please drop me a line here. I'll be around chasing the news. Thank you.

Thanks guys :)

I knew about #1 (but why the hell is it so expensive ?? :oops: ...If I had that much, I'll be looking for a LP400...), #2 and #3 (tried to contact the guy in Paris...will try again cos #2 is really...attractive..expect it's red..but, well... :roll: ).

#4 to 6 are new on my list. Thanks PeterKrieg. I'll try to get more info on these, and will let you know if you like.

Merci Tommy pour le lien..never seen this one before :idea: Tiens, a propos de French Riviera, j'ai envoyer plusieurs emails chez AutoDrome a Cannes, mais sans reponse..pas etonnant tu me diras, mais c'est dommage, ils ont vraiment des autos sublimes. Apparement, ils sont plus oriente 'porte feuille d'investissement' que ' V12 a restaurer au fond du garage', mais il y a vraiment des choses interessantes...autodrome-cannes.com

A+

lamborghini_countach_lp400_discovery.jpg

:|

Autodrome restore the cars. It's pretty hard to find a Countach to restore, and it costs some big $$$

Il y a un membre ici qui habite à qq mètres d'Autodrome Cannes... Sinon tu peux me donner un ordre d'idée de ton budget, ils ont une LP400 verte metal dans un état époustouflant... Prix: nous consulter :roll: Je peux les appeller leur demander le prix si besoin, mais à mon avis ça tape dans les 90k€

Hi,

Hey, Tommy, if the LP400 AutoDrone offers is really as good as they says, for 90KE I'll be back in France tomorrow to buy it !! :mrgreen: ...I would guess it's around 120/150KE :| and my budget is around 75KE max... ''Les Chateaux du Sud Ouest'' are selling a beautiful LP400S at 112KE, so no doubt the original LP400 is waaaaaaayyy more expensive...but it sure is the most wonderful one.

Anyway, I have tried to email and phone Autodrome several times from here, but never had any answer (french way to do business...). No problem, if they are not interested in my money, they are many other places I can spend it... I'm now more concentrated on dealers or guys have real interest in dealing (selling or buying) Lamborghinis...much more fun and very interesting ;)

Peter, I sure will let you know...but be patient :lol: ;)

I do understand with the "french way to do business" :mrgreen: We have a serious problem in this country :lol:

I think the yellow one have been sold for 100-110KE, a member here wanted the car, he even paid for plane ticket to check the car (called Autodrome to say he was coming (from UK I think)) and they sold the car few days/hours before he arrived. Class act...

I can try to phone them, or you can PM "AuxChateauxduSudOuest", they are member here and they replied to a question monthes ago quite fast, polite ect... Nice guys! They work with Autodrome, they may know the price of the car.

Another way, Ebay maybe ?

Oh, and last question. Are you working for Total ? ;)

Hi Tommy,

Ebay sucks...Well, I don't know what you guys think, but I wouldn't be very confident buying a 75KE classic car on Ebay... though some guys made very good and honest deals..but it's too risky I think.

It sounds like 'LesChateaux" are pretty well appreciated. I'll try to contact them then, but they seem much more expensive than others in the business..well..we'll see :) Thanks for the positive feedback.

I was the member who had problems with Autodrome Cannes. I would strongly advise steering clear of these idiots as they cannot be trusted. The green car was up for sale at about 150k Euro which is too much in my opinion even for an LP400. Luckily I found one elsewhere.

I also bought a Silhouette off Aux Chateaux du Sud Ouest and they were very helpful and friendly. Laurent is a really nice guy and he went out of his way when I went to look at the car. The LP400S they had looked nice. I admit they are not cheap but it may be worth a look

Craig

Thanks Craig. I had the same feeling about Autodrome...too much for money, and not much left for the passion...

None of the French dealers answered me except FA Automobile. Really friendly guy until he tried to explained to me that the plastic on the Anniversary Countach can easily be removed at purchase...this guy probably doesn't know that it actually needs the whole kit...or did he though I didn't know ?...

Anyway, I found what I was looking for, somewhere in Europe. Can't tell you much for now...I would hate to see my car going away in somebody elese's hand ;)

Hi Terry,

www.mobile.de makes my Internet Explorer fail...I tried everything, I just can't access the Lambo pages. I talked to RaymondS and finally may have found the one in Switzerland...will visit soon :P