6.2 Motor, where does this plug go ?!

deekss

Mates

Pulled the motor & trans on my 2005 Murci to do clutch, oil leaks and the like. Putting back together and I can't find anything to plug into the below. It's at the flywheel end, and last plug on the engine injector loom. It must have been plugged into something, as it's all clean inside. It's not the crank position sensor or the oil pressure sensor. I don't remember unplugging it, and I can't see it on any of the disassembly photos I took. I've pulled all the pipes and cables back out by the bulkhead to see if I can find a destination but nothing. I've looked through the workshop manuals and stuff I have, but can't see any reference.

I've not started the car yet, so I don't know what, if any, errors are thrown up.

Can one of you look at your cars and see if you have one and where it goes if you get a moment please ?!

Many thanks in advance !

20140320_224019.jpg

20140320_224001.jpg

Off the top of my head, I don't know what that plug is, but if it's off of the injector wiring harness, make sure you didn't skip an injector. It looks too small to connect the entire harness to the chassis wiring.

No sorry that is wrong, I thought you said at the other side. That connects to the sensor that is at the front right of the intake. Here is a pic of where it is on mine. Mine is an 04.

2014_03_24_22_29_21_244_1.jpg

Off the top of my head, I don't know what that plug is, but if it's off of the injector wiring harness, make sure you didn't skip an injector. It looks too small to connect the entire harness to the chassis wiring.

I didn't take the engine looms off at all, they unplug from the chassis on the left hand side, just behind the air filter box with large multiplugs, and come out with the engine. The car is up and running fine with this not connected. It's ty-wrapped on to that piece, and I didn't disturb that. Thanks for the suggestion fella.

No sorry that is wrong, I thought you said at the other side. That connects to the sensor that is at the front right of the intake. Here is a pic of where it is on mine. Mine is an 04.

2014_03_24_22_29_21_244_1.jpg

Beautiful ! Thanks very much for having a look and posting the details and photo. Virtual pint on it's way to you !

My vacuum hoses and emissions kit are a little different, and I don't have a solenoid on that bracket, but it's where the plug has been ty-wrapped to. Here's my vacuum manifold to the two solenoids on the front (flywheel end) of the right bank, I only have two solenoids, red & blue pipes, you seem to have three. I guess the third goes to that solenoid in your photos. It must be a US emissions thing, that isn't on euro cars, or 2005 cars.

20140119_210803_1_.jpg

My car is fully back together and running fine. I've been through all my photos and can't see where it went. It must never have been connected to anything, and just still built into the loom.... I guess...