Bulletproof Coffee, have you tried it?

fmari

I started reading about coffee with grass fed butter and MCT oil. It is supposed to give you more mental ability and help turn on fat burning. Anyone here try it?

I believe caffeine in general aids in fat burning because it affects metabolism. Or at least I saw that somewhere. Never heard of that coffee though.

I believe caffeine in general aids in fat burning because it affects metabolism. Or at least I saw that somewhere. Never heard of that coffee though.

:iamwithstupid:

Absolute waste of cash, on the hierarchy of 'things to do for health, performance and body composition' it is way way down the list.

I haven't used the Bulltetproof brand of coffee, and I'm a little skeptical of his claims of mycotoxins in most other coffees, but I have used the Bulletproof recipe (coffee mixed with MCT oil and grass-fed butter). Use a legit, high-quality brand of coffee (I use La Colombe's Corsica or Monaco blend), and I don't think toxins are likely to be an issue, from most things I've read.

But the formula itself is great, and widely agreed upon as being a more sustainable, smooth curve of caffeine energy that doesn't crash as soon.

As for fat-burning, MCT oil is purported to help with fat-burning especially when in ketosis (i.e. when you've been low-carb dieting), in addition to caffeine's own thermogenic effects. But the Bulletproof recipe is especially helpful for those who do intermittent fasting, i.e. who skip breakfast and don't eat until lunchtime. The good fats, combined with the caffeine energy, actually manage to keep you from getting hungry many hours beyond when you would normally have gotten hungry in the morning.

Thanks for the info. I have been intermittent fasting for several months now. I love it. I plan on adding this coffee to my morning routine next week. Hopefully it helps my focus.