storage

lpfj

hey guys. new in this forum. just wanted to know what you guys do when your cars are parked for months unused? (other than trickle charger) in my case, i will only use my murci in summer... not for garage queen reasons but for the unfortunate fact that her and i live in different countries.

thanks

fj

• 2 weeks later...
Turn kill switch off. Depending on where you park, throw a cover on it.

thanks whiteout.. I'm parking it in a garage 3 floors underground... how do I get to the kill switch? is it in the engine compartment? it also has a battery charger. should I plug that in or is that not necessary after kill switch done?

thanks.

fj

I would trickle charge and over inflate tyres by 5-10 lbs to avoid flat spots.

Cover just to protect from dust.

found the kill switch! just need advice on whether to still connect the battery trickle charger? I am leaving the car parked for about 2 months.

I would trickle charge and over inflate tyres by 5-10 lbs to avoid flat spots.

Cover just to protect from dust.

thnks cake. will do that as well. what does 5-10lbs translate into psi?

fj

thnks cake. will do that as well. what does 5-10lbs translate into psi?

fj

If recommended pressure is 32 psi (as example) - go 5- 10 psi over = 37 psi to 42 psi.

I was told 5 psi over "normal" is enough but if normal = 32 I'd probably put it at 40.

Don't go more than 10 over normal (in other words - if rec pressure is 32 psi don't exceed 42)

We stored 3 cars all winter and over inflated tyres and never had a problem.

Leave a note (to yourself) in the car as a reminder that tyres must be checked and adjusted when you're ready to drive it.

We also leave a note for trickle charger because when walking to the car - it's not obvious that it's on the trickle charger (with our zeeeoooosix we attach to the battery in the rear and could easily miss that it's on a charger).

If recommended pressure is 32 psi (as example) - go 5- 10 psi over = 37 psi to 42 psi.

I was told 5 psi over "normal" is enough but if normal = 32 I'd probably put it at 40.

Don't go more than 10 over normal (in other words - if rec pressure is 32 psi don't exceed 42)

We stored 3 cars all winter and over inflated tyres and never had a problem.

Leave a note (to yourself) in the car as a reminder that tyres must be checked and adjusted when you're ready to drive it.

We also leave a note for trickle charger because when walking to the car - it's not obvious that it's on the trickle charger (with our zeeeoooosix we attach to the battery in the rear and could easily miss that it's on a charger).

will definitely leave a note for the tires!

on the trickle charger bit. on my gt3 & turbo, I connect it through the cigarette lighter in the cabin so I can't really miss it. is there a more advisable way to do it or the lp640? should I follow same?