Full exhaust 640 onto a 6.2L direct fit ?

SUPA-G

Hi LP,

I've sold my LP640 and have got a full IPE exhaust system with sports cats, muffler and tips so full replacement. Friend just bought a 6.2L wondering if this is a direct fit. Understand if it was individual components maybe there maybe a potential issue but full system im guessing not.

Thank you in advance.

Nico

Hi LP,

I've sold my LP640 and have got a full IPE exhaust system with sports cats, muffler and tips so full replacement. Friend just bought a 6.2L wondering if this is a direct fit. Understand if it was individual components maybe there maybe a potential issue but full system im guessing not.

Thank you in advance.

Nico

I went from an '03 Murci to an '07 LP640. I had a LOC exhaust I liked so much I had it transferred from my '02. I was told that the exhausts are not a direct fit so I bought a new exhaust for my LP640. Maybe call IPE or another exhaust manufacturer?

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I am counting on it not being correct, and I want to update it so it doesn't throw off others searching. I should find out 100% in the coming weeks because I am planning to go the route of sport cats w/ valves combined with split input LP640 tips on my 6.2l. I will control the valves with a 3rd party remote control.

The part number for a 2010 LP640 muffler is the same as the 6.2, so that means much of the alignment has to be the same for the pipes going into and out of the muffler and the frame mounting location of the muffler. I just did a visual check of the clearances and the path under the car, and I don't see any conflicts for the pipes or the vacuum canisters with the chassis, sway bar or parking brake.

Plus whiteout confirmed in a PM that this should work as long as I am using the primaries and the tail pipes meant for the LP640 with valves.

So no one has done this since on their 6.2l? It looks like SUPA-G's buddy could have scored a full IPE exhaust and 911TRBO could have saved by reusing his LOC (especially because the LOC just replaces the muffler, and the muffler is the same exact part number between the 6.2 and LP640 -- no need to worry about the tips and primaries lining up to connect to each other.)

• 5 months later...

Found an old thread that needed updating...

Yes, the LP640 and Murci exhausts are interchangeable:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...=78222&st=0

This is an old thread, but I am counting on it not being correct, and I want to update it so it doesn't throw off others searching. I should find out 100% in the coming weeks because I am planning to go the route of sport cats w/ valves combined with split input LP640 tips on my 6.2l. I will control the valves with a 3rd party remote control.

The part number for a 2010 LP640 muffler is the same as the 6.2, so that means much of the alignment has to be the same for the pipes going into and out of the muffler and the frame mounting location of the muffler. I just did a visual check of the clearances and the path under the car, and I don't see any conflicts for the pipes or the vacuum canisters with the chassis, sway bar or parking brake.

Plus whiteout confirmed in a PM that this should work as long as I am using the primaries and the tail pipes meant for the LP640 with valves.

So no one has done this since on their 6.2l? It looks like SUPA-G's buddy could have scored a full IPE exhaust and 911TRBO could have saved by reusing his LOC (especially because the LOC just replaces the muffler, and the muffler is the same exact part number between the 6.2 and LP640 -- no need to worry about the tips and primaries lining up to connect to each other.)

They are not a direct fit.

This is wrong.

The secondary and muffler sections are interchangeable between the 6.2 and 6.5 cars. The primary pipes and tips are different.