Indoor Pools (Residential)

kennyjr748

Does anyone on this board have any knowledge about residential indoor pools? We're moving and one of the houses that we are looking at has an indoor pool. Any suggestions on what to look for or what kind of questions that I should ask about? I know that one of the biggest concerns is evaporation and condensation of the pool water.

Are these pools a maintenance nightmare and expensive to run (due to things like heat exchanges or dehumidifiers?)

Any insight would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

I personally have no experience with them other than hearing all sorts of complaints from a friend of mine who had one, biggest issues he was talking about were issues as a result of condensation, generally pools are hard work.

Back in high school I installed a huge saltwater aquarium in a house with an indoor pool. They condensation and humidity concerns were big issues they had to fight with constantly.

Thanks for the replies!

These are the exact things I'm worried about.

I've heard that covering the pool helps tremendously (though the home that we're looking at doesn't have a cover). I guess I need to research heat exchangers and dehumidifiers. I've read that the ambient temperature should only be a few degrees higher than the pool water temperature or else the pool water evaporates which leads to all of the problems.

If anyone else has any other experience or thoughts please chime in!