car being shipped out of state for service...what to do?

EyeDoc

Eyedoc, it's coming from Alberta. We have a dealer in Vancouver, but the attitude at Newport and the skill of the techs just makes me feel much more comfortable. In Canada the attitude is more like what you were worried about..the "we did this major service, replaced that etc.. heres your bill for 20K". Newport they are much more willing to work with you...plus Jeff is Jeff, not only does he know these cars inside out, he also has shared a vast amount of knowledge on these boards. I find the Murci, although not a complex car, are very finicky and require the right people to work on them. The Gallardo is a bit more forgiving. The only issue with crossing the border was about 30 minutes of paperwork and I have to fly down to LA when the car is there..... I'm glad your car checked out... I baby mine as well, but this throttle body electrical gremlin is a nightmare that needs sorting. Independents trying to get it sorted just make things worse.