2015 updated Best exhaust post

teddy17bh

Hi everyone,

I am ready to get rid of my stock exhaust but would like to read your experiences.

Let's update the 2 years old post. Exhaust changed, and we have now more people driving Aventador with aftermarket.

Please be specific about,

1) how it sound (better if you have a link)

2) did you only change exhaust or exhaust + catalitycs

3) does the exhaust has on / off switch

4) do you know the weight

5) do you know HP gain

6) price ?

7) any bad experience with previous brand ?

- iPE innotech

- Kreissieg

- Larini

- Fi-exhaust

- Fabspeed

- Powercraft

- Novitec

- Akrapovic

- Capristo

- Quicksilver

- Lamborghini factory Racing

Teddy

Ig : teddy17bh

So I think it's safe to say that in my opinion, there are two distinct categories of exhaust systems available in the aftermarket - sound/drama driven, and performance driven. Whilst I don't have an Aventador, I have sourced a lot of exhausts for people working at the dealership and here's my two cents:

Sound/Drama -driven Systems:

Typically heavy, typically valved, most of them have an x-pipe crossover for the "flame-on" mode which on a V-engine typically helps flow but that's a subject in and of itself. So..

- iPE innotech

1) Sound:

I personally did not like the sound, it has little tonal quality and is just "loud".

2) Catalytic-bypass Available: Yes

3) Bi-modal valves: Yes

4) Weight Reduction:

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with them personally but there’s a few cars here with them. Made in Taiwan, remains to be seen how they deal with the heat here.

- Kreissieg

1) Sound:

Well renowned for their "F1" sound high-pitched systems here through x-pipe and unique mufflers, and their Aventador system doesn't disappoint

4) Weight Reduction: None

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Kreissieg are some of the best made and sounding systems out there, but to hell with any pretense of chasing power figures or weight reductions!

- Larini

1) Sound:

2) Catalytic-bypass Available: Freer-flowing catalytic convertors

4) Weight Reduction:

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with them personally, but one of the most well known companies around.

- Fi-exhaust

1) Sound:

4) Weight Reduction:

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with them though I’ve seen one in our workshop – the second of Taiwanese systems, cannot really comment other than they have “Backfire” muffler design versions :lol:

- Powercraft

1) Sound:

Together with the catalytic bypass pipes one of the most piercing sounding systems out there, and definitely one of the most dramatic!

4) Weight Reduction: Minimal, I believe 5kg lighter

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

I bought the full system including the catalytic bypass pipes for the Purple Aventador often spotted in Dubai on YouTube. Installation for our less than well-versed technicians didn't go too well as the instructions were in Japanese and they didn't know how to wire the valves. Regardless, despite CEL issues its served well. A heavy muffler system, but together with the bypass pipes produces one of the more exciting high-pitched V12 sounds of current systems. Lots of miles put on the car since installation (close to 10,000mi) and no issues with the exhaust itself.

We have found that the tailpipe trim supplied by Powercraft has had its insulation material destroyed after about a year, but the owner is incessant with backfire so, it's to be expected.

- Tubi-style

1) Sound: Link

2) Catalytic-bypass Available: Unsure

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with them personally but out here definitely one of the most popular exhausts for supercars in general – they were one of the first ones to have an exhaust for the Aventador and as a result a few of the early cars here had them. Not the prettiest welding – Italians are known for that haha – and sounds basically like a louder version of the stock exhaust but it’s no bad thing.

- Rowen

1) Sound:

4) Weight Reduction: Unsure, but it’s titanium!

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with them yet, but Tommy Kaira are stalwarts in the tuning industry, only recently coming in on European cars. The exhaust system looks incredible.

- Armytrix

1) Sound:

Not the highest pitched (like Powercraft) despite the catalytic bypass pipes, sounds a bit like the Capristo system

4) Weight Reduction: 27kg lighter

5) Power Gains: +35.2hp quoted together with the bypass pipes

6) Experience:

Not dealt with them yet, but quickly rising in popularity and are quite resilient on using Titanium on their systems. Very similar in style to the Oakley system though with a valved muffler bypass and a clever “Auto” mode on the valves that functions as stock, opening the valves at 3500rpm.

- Quicksilver

4) Weight Reduction: 27kg for the Titanium

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with Quicksilver before, and whilst they don’t have the prettiest welds or most outright performance mufflers, or the best sounding, they’ve been in the game for a long while and I know quite a few cars here run them.

Performance-driven Systems:

These typically would seem to have minimal sound insulation and streamlined mufflers or resonators, more extreme x-pipe crossovers and attention to detail in construction and reduction of mass. So..

- Fabspeed

2) Catalytic-bypass Available: Freer-flowing catalytic converters

4) Weight Reduction: 13kg lighter

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with or heard their Aventador system in person, I have done so for their Mclaren 12C System, and whilst there’s a lot of polishing going on, the quality is sound and they have minimal and gentle bends in their system and very streamlined mufflers to get a good weight ratio.

- Novitec

The system in the video, which is their all-out “Race” Inconel muffler with no bi-modal valves or even any mufflers really, together with the catalytic bypass pipes, is one of THE best sounding systems out there in my opinion. Great on the overrun, not ridiculously high-pitched and retains some of the growly quality of the Aventador’s V12 unlike some of the other de-catted systems.

4) Weight Reduction: Depends on the system – the Inconel race muffler saves around 21kg, the sports valved mufflers apparently 13kg, but it’s still a heavy beast

5) Power Gains: Novitec quote 722-728hp with muffler without and with catalytic bypass pipes

6) Experience:

Bought one of the heat insulated systems with valves for a customer in Dubai – Novitec’s reputation preceeds them, the heat-insulation is extremely high quality, and the construction is built to last. But I struggled handling this one, it’s heavy. They also include electronic modules to lift the spoiler to ease installation and others to eradicate CEL, they are very comprehensive as well with support and instructions.

- Akrapovic

Sounds more or less like stock with more audible engine noise

4) Weight Reduction: They haven’t declared anything yet but despite having a sizeable muffler it should be very light by dint of its titanium construction

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

Not dealt with Akrapovic specifically but the fact that they are TUV approved and even outsourced to by a lot of OEM’s speaks of their reputation and quality. Not the highest performing or noisiest exhausts out there but , as previously, OEM backing!

- Capristo

5) Power Gains: 739hp quoted by them

6) Experience:

Again, not dealt with them specifically (yet) but have a friend with the Capristo and have seen several cars here with them. Capristo are a powerhouse for exhaust and a reputation that preceeds them – not the lightest systems but definitely some of the more reliable, and quite sensible for sound. Construction is second to none and have some of the best valved systems around.

- Lamborghini factory Racing

2) Catalytic-bypass Available: No

3) Bi-modal valves: No

4) Weight Reduction: 20kg quoted?

5) Power Gains:

6) Experience:

No experience of these personally, but titanium construction and factory warranty! Not legal for road use in Europe though which begs the point.

- Oakley

A bit deeper toned, and quite a bit louder than stock due to its minimal resonators and lack of valves, very nice growly overrun

2) Catalytic-bypass Available: No

3) Bi-modal valves: No

4) Weight Reduction: 27kg lighter than stock..

5) Power Gains:

Aventador_Dyno_Figures_Afterx.jpg

The dyno-graph above is together with their OBDII Programmer tune, so I don’t know what the exhaust itself makes but it is one of the higher performing units out there when compared with other mufflers combined with a tune

6) Experience:

I had Oakley themselves come down last July to fit 3 of their mufflers, one of which is in the video above. Whilst a bit expensive, the weight reduction is incredible, the construction is solid and the performance gains cannot be argued – forgetting the addition of the tune, the increase of mid-range torque despite our horrid petrol and 115 degree weather was palpable. The fact the tips turn blue with use as well is quite swish :D

Oakley Link:

Akrapovic Link: Link

Thanks for taking the time to write that up!!

Do I need to bypass my Cat? For example, for a Kreissieg, there are two packages, one with cat delete pipes for $12.5k and one without cat delete pipes for $9.5K, same muffler system with valves control and same sound selections, what are the benefit of cat delete?

Put simply, more noise and flames!

As the purpose of the catalytic converter is to slow and "condense" unburnt fuel and other noxious gasses onto its substrate structure, where they are then burnt off, removing it clears the obstruction for the passage of airflow and sound waves. You may also pick up a couple of horsepower ultimately, but may end up losing a little bit of torque as you'll hurt the stock airflow parameters the OE exhaust was tuned to with scavenging and backpressure in mind.

Removing those catalytic converters also ultimately gives the higher pitched sound as per the Kreissieg, Powercraft et cetera videos..why this is so I am not privy enough to explain!

My pleasure - hopefully one day I would like to get a standardised test done, get all systems tested on same car, same location, same setting and give prospects a more concise evaluation!

After hearing Kreissieg in person it is hands down the exhaust I would get for the Aventador. Good lord it is insane.

:iamwithstupid:

When I revved Kris 50th I jizzed allover the place... And I woke up the entire SLS Southbeach hotel... Aaah, the memories :icon_mrgreen:

After hearing Kreissieg in person it is hands down the exhaust I would get for the Aventador. Good lord it is insane.

Kreissieg sounds great, but is stupid expensive for no reason what so ever. I went with a custom exhaust done by Famous Autosports in LA, and it kills the Kreissieg sound without a doubt. I have had nothing but compliments especially from other Aventador owners. If you're in the LA area call them for an exhaust...or call me and you can listen to it before you choose.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am selling an original Lamborghini Racing Exhaust for the Aventador which is the only one not voiding the waranty. Part #0R8340097 I bought it in december but then I sold my aventador. Exhaust have only 100 miles, i have invoices from Lamborghini Miami showing the date and mileage when I bought it. It reduce the weight by 45 lbs. lamborghini sell it for 11100 usd + tax and i am selling it 7000 usd I am located in Miami florida but can ship it in usa.

• 2 weeks later...

Fabspeed Motorsport's Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System is a quad resonated valved system which offers significant weight saving, increased power and impeccable sounds. This high-flowing x-pipe replaces the heavy and restrictive factory exhaust system for maximum increase in performance and sound. Also available is high-flowing, direct bolt-on replacement for the bulky & restrictive factory catalytic converters. Utilizing 200-cell HJS Sport Cats for maximum flow and power. All Fabspeed products are constructed from high-quality 14-16 gauge T304L stainless steel for maximum durability. Please contact me directly or your local Fabspeed authorized dealer for more information and pricing!

Aventador Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System

Aventador Sport Catalytic Converters