Who knows this car? Help please

Atxmarc

Most of the most recent manual sales are done off market. Don't expect to get a manual for south of $275k, unless you want the crashed orange car or the burned black car.

Unfortunately I just experienced this first hand. The sub $275K days are long gone unless you're looking at a undesirable example.

Unfortunately I just experienced this first hand. The sub $275K days are long gone unless you're looking at a undesirable example.

Yes, but you got one and I believe it's going to be a sound investment.

Most of the most recent manual sales are done off market. Don't expect to get a manual for south of $275k, unless you want the crashed orange car or the burned black car.

Sale at $300k:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/other-car...eed-manual.html

I don't dispute what you're saying, and I'm sure there are "ringer" sales at higher dollar amounts. To a certain degree, those who are uber-rich don't care about negotiation, are perhaps insulted by it, and if they want something, they buy it. The high price becomes a bit of a "status" symbol for them, because it reflects upon how much disposable income they have.

By way of contrast, here is a recent offering on eBay from Lamborghini of Dallas, a 2007 manual LP640 with 5,911 miles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Lamborghini-M...=true&rt=nc

If the link doesn't work, it was offered at $230k, VIN ZHWBU37M77LA02595. Listing ended without a sale.

An opinion just from me -- I don't believe the Murci will enter the "collectible" market for some years to come. Not enough potential buyers have an appreciation for the unique engine, which is the Murci's primary claim to fame -- especially the 6.5L. The styling is not on a par with the Miura, Countach, or Diablo. For those who want performance, and have the money to spend, there are too many other choices now.

For this reason, I see no problem with the aftermarket conversion from e-gear to manual. It's not going to affect the resale, because these cars will never be evaluated closely in this respect, and how it relates to overall value. Save the parts, and it can be switched back if a buyer wants. A conversion runs $25-30k, so, therefore, a factory manual should only sell for a premium of that amount over an e-gear. I see plenty of quality e-gears for sale in the $175-190k range. (Range for base models is a little wider, but caps out about $155k for a truly exceptional car.) Given the current softness, that's probably about a fair current evaluation, although it may drift a little lower from here.

Again, just my two cents...

I don't dispute what you're saying, and I'm sure there are "ringer" sales at higher dollar amounts. To a certain degree, those who are uber-rich don't care about negotiation, are perhaps insulted by it, and if they want something, they buy it. The high price becomes a bit of a "status" symbol for them, because it reflects upon how much disposable income they have.

By way of contrast, here is a recent offering on eBay from Lamborghini of Dallas, a 2007 manual LP640 with 5,911 miles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Lamborghini-M...=true&rt=nc

If the link doesn't work, it was offered at $230k, VIN ZHWBU37M77LA02595. Listing ended without a sale.

An opinion just from me -- I don't believe the Murci will enter the "collectible" market for some years to come. Not enough potential buyers have an appreciation for the unique engine, which is the Murci's primary claim to fame -- especially the 6.5L. The styling is not on a par with the Miura, Countach, or Diablo. For those who want performance, and have the money to spend, there are too many other choices now.

For this reason, I see no problem with the aftermarket conversion from e-gear to manual. It's not going to affect the resale, because these cars will never be evaluated closely in this respect, and how it relates to overall value. Save the parts, and it can be switched back if a buyer wants. A conversion runs $25-30k, so, therefore, a factory manual should only sell for a premium of that amount over an e-gear. I see plenty of quality e-gears for sale in the $175-190k range. (Range for base models is a little wider, but caps out about $155k for a truly exceptional car.) Given the current softness, that's probably about a fair current evaluation, although it may drift a little lower from here.

Again, just my two cents...

Like I said, the recent manual sales have been off market. That gold car went away quickly for the asking price. It is a base car in a color that is only loved by a few. These aren't ringer cars, they are all that's available; if one becomes available, you pay the asking price so that someone else doesn't buy it out from under you.

The fun factor/price for someone that wants a manual makes an e-gear conversion worth the effort, but it will not have the value of a factory manual. If there was a way for me to get ahold of a car and funding for the conversion, I would gladly jump into producing conversions. If anyone is seriously in the market for the conversion, PM me.

Your valuation of the manual LP640 and the actual market are two very different things. As far as future collectibility, nobody knows when there's going to be a market swing, it's all about popularity and availability. The manual LP values have jumped $100k since this time last year, that trickles down through the line of cars (see 911). Countach, Diablo, manual LP640, LP670 and LP700 prices make the 6.2 Murci a bargain. Since other V12 Lamborghini's have made the value jump, it's likely the Murci 6.2 and E-Gear LP640 will follow suit, not drop further in price.

Nobody is buying a Murci for performance, a genIV Viper will walk an LP640. Nothing modern under $1MM has the presence of a Murci or LP640 and that's why people want one, poster effect.

Like I said, the recent manual sales have been off market. That gold car went away quickly for the asking price. It is a base car in a color that is only loved by a few.

I agree with you about the color! Just wondering what you mean when you called it a "base" car? It's an LP640.

I agree with you about the color! Just wondering what you mean when you called it a "base" car? It's an LP640.

Not a lot of options ticked off: Q-stitch, clear engine cover, yellow brake calipers, branding.

If you believe that a manual LP640 is only worth $25-$30k more than an E-gear car because an aftermarket conversion is possible, you are dreaming. Maybe you should talk to the guys who are paying $2.5-$3m for convertible Hemi Cudas coming straight from the factory. Perhaps they are unaware that they could cut the top off of a coupe for significantly less lol

If you believe that a manual LP640 is only worth $25-$30k more than an E-gear car because an aftermarket conversion is possible, you are dreaming. Maybe you should talk to the guys who are paying $2.5-$3m for convertible Hemi Cudas coming straight from the factory. Perhaps they are unaware that they could cut the top off of a coupe for significantly less lol

Certainly the difference between a convertible and a coupe is not on the same par as drivetrain. Also, you're talking about a completely different generation of car, and the difference between a true "collectible" where the car needs to be as it was when it rolled off the showroom floor, vs. perhaps a later model "desired" vehicle no longer in production. That's all I'm saying, not that it wouldn't be better to be able to buy a factory-equipped manual.

Also, I don't know numbers, but how many convertible Cudas are there? There aren't many manual LP640s, either, but, again, I'm not sure a Murci qualifies as a true collectible like an earlier-era vehicle. Most Murci owners drive them, some very carefully and not very often, but I would venture to guess that those convertible Cudas end up in mothballs.

The market is already speaking. You'll NEVER be able to buy a new manual Lamborghini again. The final ones in the v12 division were the three unicorn lp670 cars. Then there are the around 22-25 LP 640 cars. I don't have the exact numbers but I think there are about 1000-1200 LP640-650-670 cars total so that makes the factory manual LP car very rare. The fact that in the last year these cars picked up $100k value over the egear cars says something especially considering that egear was a 10K option at one point.

Just wanted to say that I hope my comments didn't rankle anyone, as that wasn't my intention. I enjoyed having this conversation, and I thank those for their thoughts!