Brake Resevoir

Jalpa_Mike

Wonder if someone could take a look at their Countach and tell me where a wire goes?

I was out cleaning the car today and noticed I had a wire that was disconnected and I can't find where it goes!

It is the wires on the Brake Master Cylinder reservoir that sends a signal to the "BRAKE" light on the dash should the fluid level drop below minimum.

The black wire is still hooked up. It goes to a ground post. However, the Orange w/ Black stripe is the one disconnected.

Here it is with its female connector

Thanks!

Mike

image.jpeg

My car does not have that connector. I have one black wire and one orange/black stripe wire leading out of a single black plastic shroud/tube.

Those two wires head directly into one reservoir cap, and then another black and orange/black stripe pair head out of the first cap into the second.

That's it. Car is an 87 USA/FI/QV

Don't you love playing figure out the wiring on an old Countach :eusa_wall:

post-471-1444057001_thumb.jpg

I think if you follow those wires further done, you will find that they connect to a pressure valve that is just behind e steering rack. Its a big brass valve that should have 4 rigid brake lines coming in and out of it. I believe there is a male spade connector coming off it where the Orange/black wire plugs in. The black ground wire attaches to the stud which holds the valve onto the frame.

I believe my valve must have gone bad at some point, and the previous owner replaced it with 2 brass connectors. Here is a photo of what mine looks like.

Mike

P.S. My stupid iPad always rotates the photos 90° so that's why it looks funny

image.jpeg

Forgot to attach this photo from the parts manual. You can see what there a proportional valve should look like. It is part number 16 in this diagram.

Mike

image.png