Test pipe / decat / sound exhaust software question

Drpetril

I recently had test pipes put on and it did not run any fault codes or CELs. That was when I had the exhaust sound upgraded software on the car. When I went to smog it, it did not pass smog. So I took off the test pipes and found that it still did not pass because the monitors were not in ready mode. It was not until we remove the sound exhaust software and flash the factory software back to stock that the monitors then went to ready mode.

Now that I have the stock software, I am wondering if I put back the capristo test pipes, if its going to run a CEL. Does anyone know if the sound exhaust software effected or bypassed the CEL? Any help would be appreciated.

I recently had test pipes put on and it did not run any fault codes or CELs. That was when I had the exhaust sound upgraded software on the car. When I went to smog it, it did not pass smog. So I took off the test pipes and found that it still did not pass because the monitors were not in ready mode. It was not until we remove the sound exhaust software and flash the factory software back to stock that the monitors then went to ready mode.

Now that I have the stock software, I am wondering if I put back the capristo test pipes, if its going to run a CEL. Does anyone know if the sound exhaust software effected or bypassed the CEL? Any help would be appreciated.

For my 16M Capristo has a very clear break in to assure their exhaust passes EPA but you need the whole system otherwise you are back to square one.

Install the Capristo electronics and run the car 10 ignition start and stops and 30 - 50 miles with everything OEM.

The Capristo electronic unit learns that pattern and later when the Capristo exhaust is installed it tricks the EPA back into time when the unit was with the original exhaust OEM.

Long story short - the Capristo is like an accountant that makes your taxes what you want vs reality. Most dealers won't touch the Capristo on a warranty vehicle. Ask around there are shops all over that have already gone thru the process or hand your dealer mechanic some cash to come in after hours.

If you screw up - don't drive enough miles / start and stops it will not work at the time of EPA because the EPA runs thru the diagnostics searching for a fault.

Watch their you tube video it's pretty simple stuff if you follow their rules.

If you don't like the idea of tricking your CEL / fault codes which is how I feel then you must remove the Capristo put on the OEM pass and re - install. By doing this bs it's likely you throw a oxygen sensor or other items so its a PIA but that's the price we idiots pay for our exotic sounds.

For my 16M Capristo has a very clear break in to assure their exhaust passes EPA but you need the whole system otherwise you are back to square one.

Install the Capristo electronics and run the car 10 ignition start and stops and 30 - 50 miles with everything OEM.

The Capristo electronic unit learns that pattern and later when the Capristo exhaust is installed it tricks the EPA back into time when the unit was with the original exhaust OEM.

Long story short - the Capristo is like an accountant that makes your taxes what you want vs reality. Most dealers won't touch the Capristo on a warranty vehicle. Ask around there are shops all over that have already gone thru the process or hand your dealer mechanic some cash to come in after hours.

If you screw up - don't drive enough miles / start and stops it will not work at the time of EPA because the EPA runs thru the diagnostics searching for a fault.

Watch their you tube video it's pretty simple stuff if you follow their rules.

If you don't like the idea of tricking your CEL / fault codes which is how I feel then you must remove the Capristo put on the OEM pass and re - install. By doing this bs it's likely you throw a oxygen sensor or other items so its a PIA but that's the price we idiots pay for our exotic sounds.

I do not have the capristo exhaust, just the test pipes, so not sure if it would work with another exhaust system. After much researching and talking to people, I am thinking I will not have an issue with the check engine light if I install the test pipes. From the mechanics who have put many of these one, they said they never have an issue with the test pipes on an aventador. So I think i'm going to try it. I had the software upgrade on before with test pipes and no CEL, so now it does not have the software upgrade and I'm anxious to see what happens.

I do not have the capristo exhaust, just the test pipes, so not sure if it would work with another exhaust system. After much researching and talking to people, I am thinking I will not have an issue with the check engine light if I install the test pipes. From the mechanics who have put many of these one, they said they never have an issue with the test pipes on an aventador. So I think i'm going to try it. I had the software upgrade on before with test pipes and no CEL, so now it does not have the software upgrade and I'm anxious to see what happens.

EVOMS is excellent - if you want additional hp proper running ECU's and sound.

Appears to be a lot of trial and error around here on Aventador engines - it's worth spending a few more bucks.

http://www.evoms.com/category_s/2246.htm

Capristo is one of the best customer service companies I have ever dealt with - e-mail them the owner will personally contact you. They also have a distributor in Florida Taurino Racing.

EVOMS is excellent - if you want additional hp proper running ECU's and sound.

Appears to be a lot of trial and error around here on Aventador engines - it's worth spending a few more bucks.

http://www.evoms.com/category_s/2246.htm

Capristo is one of the best customer service companies I have ever dealt with - e-mail them the owner will personally contact you. They also have a distributor in Florida Taurino Racing.

Thank you for your help and recommendations.