Help: Egear not going into Second Gear

JonV8944s

So here is the scenario and I am going to guess I am likely one of the few (well second confirmed) person to have this issue:

I swapped out my 06 Murci Egear 6 speed, for an 09 Murci Egear. 2 reasons:

Number 1: It (just like its little brother the differential) is stronger in the LP640 over the Murci, and since I went to Kevlar clutch I needed all the assurance there is.

Number 2: LP640s actually have SHORTER gears then the Murci, so you in theory are doing a gear swap when you move up to the LP640, the reason the LP640 still does the same speeds in the same gears is that they moved the REDLINE up. Anyways, I like the snappiness of the shorter gears, ESPECIALLY since I am running 20's, and this effectively put me back to the original ratio as the Murci with 18 inch wheels. This will make my clutch life better as well.

NOW the problem: I am obviously blazing new territory as I dont think anyone else has converted a Murci driveline into an LP640 driveline (probably because it doesnt make financial sense unless you have to replace the parts anyways). But I have done it, and it would seem my egear computer doesnt like it after 1st gear.

It goes into 1st gear no problem and reverse, and you can drive no problem in either. But using the padels to select the next gear up (say second gear), it acts like you didnt even ask it to (almost like when you are going too slow to upshift it wont do it).

The interesting part, is if you put it into 'slippery/wet' mode (that button on the right with the lambo doing a burn out' the computer can switch it all on its own, no problems. Then if you take it OUT of that mode, you have FREE rein to now manually select the gears as you like..... UNTIL you stop the car (at say a red light), and then it goes back to just allowing you to select 1st and reverse, until again you hit the slippery button, start moving, and then turn it off, and then you are back to full control again. Basically the button is overriding something.

Anyone ever have a problem with going into SECOND gear (people with issues going into reverse is a totally different issue, and unrelated).

Thanks !!

Jon

PS. My lambo tech and I are planning on flashing the Egear control unit to an 07 model and see what it does.

It's got to be a computer issue, likely software.

Any chance you can use the egear computer from the same car to see if it's a hardware issue before tuning?

It's got to be a computer issue, likely software.

Any chance you can use the egear computer from the same car to see if it's a hardware issue before tuning?

Well the other option is that the sensor pickup location is different and so its getting proper readings, but they are for an lp640 and so the murci doesnt know what to do with them.

We have to do some troubleshooting, so LARA is coming out to play. We will try to isolate where the issue is. Just curious if someone has already faced this problem and solved it, which would save us diagnostic time.

Thanks,

Jon

PS. I have been talking to JeffLambo and he's been a great help, much of what I try is coming from his direct guidance, we are very lucky to have him here on the forums!

def sounds like a software issue; especially if running the same wiring harness. My guess the MPH vs REVs map is out..

Where ya been stranger? BTW, obviously I'm up and running, (TWICE now I have done this), are you at least done with doing this ONCE??!!!

Number 2: LP640s actually have SHORTER gears then the Murci, so you in theory are doing a gear swap when you move up to the LP640, the reason the LP640 still does the same speeds in the same gears is that they moved the REDLINE up. Anyways, I like the snappiness of the shorter gears, ESPECIALLY since I am running 20's, and this effectively put me back to the original ratio as the Murci with 18 inch wheels. This will make my clutch life better as well.

The LP640 is a 6.5L V12 vs. the 6.2L V12 - REDLINE changed because it is a different motor.

The LP640 is a 6.5L V12 vs. the 6.2L V12 - REDLINE changed because it is a different motor.

Thanks Mr. Obvious.... Pretty sure anyone who owns these cars is well aware of the difference... all I was pointing out is that both cars have effectively the same top speed in each gear which has led a few people to believe that the transmissions must be the same gearing (many many people and lambo techs told me this). But when I researched it I found out it was different gearing. The 'evidence' people would give me as to why it was the same transmission is that in all the spec sheets the cars do the same top speed in each gear. So for simplicity I gave a simple answer as to why that was not the justification... I wasn't at all inferring they took the same motor and just raised its red line.