Slow shifts on Aventador LP700-4

SiamBeast

Hi guys, first post here. I just acquired my first supercar, a 2012 Aventador LP700-4 with just short of 4,000 km on the counter.

So far, I'm pretty impressed by the driving, and it is a head turner on the streets. Only thing that I believe to be an issue, the specs advertise a 50 ms gear change, but when I drive in automatic mode and accelerate, the gear shift takes nearly 1 second, during which I am unable to accelerate. So if that happens at 50 km/h, then I'm stuck at that speed for around 1 second (sometimes a bit more) while the gear changes. The gear change with the paddleshift takes around half a second.

I've tried lifting my foot during the gear change, but it doesn't seem to change anything - and it happens on all 3 modes. I'm wondering whether I should get the car checked, or if you have similar experience with the car.

You might want to look into the factory 'Sound tuning package' which will give u an extra 20-25hp. I know someone who got 724hp from this tune on dyno and trust me you will feel the difference.

IMG_2742.JPG

I tried holding the button a bit longer, and so far so good - guess I wasn't holding it long enough.

I only have to press once despite having seen some posters claiming that they need to press twice.

I tried holding the button a bit longer, and so far so good - guess I wasn't holding it long enough.

I only have to press once despite having seen some posters claiming that they need to press twice.

:icon_thumleft:

Yes correct