98-2001 diablo exhaust leak to look for

megachad

Quick vid discussing exhaust issues to look for if you are looking to purchase 98-2001 diablo.

Early warning sign is a white dust that builds up on valve covers. I was replacing headers on 1999 Diablos for this issue under warranty they would start leaking that soon. Diablo had 2-year warranty. The first one to start leaking is almost always the left rear header.

You were the one that helped me when I had the green diablo. Thanks Jeff! Are you still at the dealership in Newport?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 9:16 AM, megachad said:

You were the one that helped me when I had the green diablo. Thanks Jeff! Are you still at the dealership in Newport?

No I suffered a very bad elbow injurie when I was at the factory training for Urus. Unable to work on cars with it. I'm know working at Raging Bull Performance as the service writer. Me and Frank worked together a long time ago. I can still use my 20 years of experience to help inspect & diagnose in shop but cant wrench any more. Between Frank & me we have  just shy of 40 years of Lamborghini expertise. I think that's more then any dealer in the US. Thank you.   

• 1 year later...

Difference with headders are:
- "Long" headders without primary catalytic converter; Eu and Saudi cars.
- "short" headders with double catalytic converters; USA, Sweden, Switzerland.
So basicly high emsision and low emission versions. also ECU have different mapping because of this difference is also in heatshield, if you EU cars do not have metal plate next to primary converters.