Murcielago stereo for dummies

4xchamp

The last thing I wanted to do was cut , drill , bitch up the wiring or entrust my stereo installation to the local "expert " . Naturally a sub or big amp was out of the question .

This weekend I installed an Alpine iDA-X305 head unit with an Alpine KTP-445 power pack . The Alpine mini amp slid in perfectly behind the radio for a true plug and play installation . I also purchased a Scoche VW01B harness kit that plugged right into the OE harness ( 06 Roadster ) and was color coded so wiring was a no brainer . An inexpensive adapter was required for the antenna cable also.

This system really kicks out some music and even has some bass . I'm very pleased with the overall result .

Presently the stock speakers are in place but they are next on the hit list .

If you want a stereo you can actually hear over the motor without getting into a big project I'd highly recommend this system . The cost was about 500 bucks for everyhing and an hour to install .

The last thing I wanted to do was cut , drill , bitch up the wiring or entrust my stereo installation to the local "expert " . Naturally a sub or big amp was out of the question .

This weekend I installed an Alpine iDA-X305 head unit with an Alpine KTP-445 power pack . The Alpine mini amp slid in perfectly behind the radio for a true plug and play installation . I also purchased a Scoche VW01B harness kit that plugged right into the OE harness ( 06 Roadster ) and was color coded so wiring was a no brainer . An inexpensive adapter was required for the antenna cable also.

This system really kicks out some music and even has some bass . I'm very pleased with the overall result .

Presently the stock speakers are in place but they are next on the hit list .

If you want a stereo you can actually hear over the motor without getting into a big project I'd highly recommend this system . The cost was about 500 bucks for everyhing and an hour to install .

Can you post up some pictures? Thankx

Can you post up some pictures? Thankx

Sorry , no .

My ADHD prevents me from from taking chronological photos and then trying to make sense of them . I can however describe how the oem radio comes out . The rest is a no brainer for any one with basic skills and common sense .