Diablo_4_Ever

Where does the Spyker belong?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sub-Zero
    • Cool
    • Uncool
    • Seriously uncool

Well, what do you guys think of this dutch supercar?

Ive seen some and have to say they look better in person, but im still not a fan of the looks. I have to admit the interior looks awesome :twisted: .

The car has also been tested at Top Gear and i know Busta Rhymes is one of the proud owners.

For more info and specs visit http://www.spykercars.com/ :)

And heres the link to the Top Gear video http://www.spykercars.com/top_gear/spyker_...r_top_gear.html

post-230-1099874067.jpg

post-230-1099874068.jpg

post-230-1099874069.jpg

post-230-1099874069.jpg

I voted 'cool'. The interior is absolutely stunning but the exterior dimensions just don't look right... theres something not right.

So interior - sub-zero

exterior - nothing special

overall - cool

:)

I think it looks cool but i want to know what is it powerd by.

Right now its subzero with me.

this thing just sucks. the engine is a POS, and it is too busy. and supercars ARENT open topped;) JK, I think they should be closed though.

this thing just sucks. the engine is a POS, and it is too busy. and supercars ARENT open topped;) JK, I think they should be closed though.

What is the engine powerd by?

According to their site at www.spykercars.nl

It's a Audi 4.2litre V8, manual 6sp Getrag gearbox.

Nowt special then.:finga:

V10 at least baby! :axe:

According to their site at www.spykercars.nl

It's a Audi 4.2litre V8, manual 6sp Getrag gearbox.

Nowt special then.:finga:

V10 at least baby! :axe:

Well its cool but not subzero like a Lambo.

Naturally.

No other car has the sheer presence and style of a Lamborghini. The spyker is a wannabe at the end of the day.

Still nice... and not bad for Holland. Second best thing from that country.

Whats the first?

AMSTERDAM ;) :finga: :finga:

The spyker is a wannabe at the end of the day.

Well there are cars that live up to a wannabe at the end of the day. Like the Vectors, Moslers, I dont know about the saleen S7 but come on now a chevys and Ford V8s in supercars? thats not exclusive because theres tomany people that own them regardless of the performance on them i wouldnt drive them unless they were for free.

pantera- this supercar has an unsuper audi V8. To be honest, the one I hate worse than any though is the Koenigsegg as it is just a blown Ford motor. Can't they do ANY better than that? I hate superchargers even though my car has one, they are so simple and actually someone delicate...ugh.

pantera- this supercar has an unsuper audi V8. To be honest, the one I hate worse than any though is the Koenigsegg as it is just a blown Ford motor. Can't they do ANY better than that? I hate superchargers even though my car has one, they are so simple and actually someone delicate...ugh.

These days the word supercar is being abused by cars that use modifyed POS V8s or street blown Ford engines. The only supercars that stuck to there roots the Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Porsche because sure the 911 has a turbo but it came out of the factory like that. But now the have the carrera GT. Ferrari made the Enzo, Lamborghini has the Murcielago. What ever happen to the V12s? everything has a supercharged V8 or a turbo inlinesix!.

To me this is either a custom car or a kitcar.

This car with the top looks very ugly!. I dont like the doors on this car. Its slowly losing points with me.

This car with the top looks very ugly!. I dont like the doors on this car. Its slowly losing points with me.

Yeah, youre right.

I would rather have a koenigsegg, pagani or lamborghini :twisted: .

Im just not a fan of the looks and all the chrome stuff put onto this car, but i have to say im glad that finally someone here in The Netherlands did a try to built a supercar. Ive actually spoken with the owner of this company and he was really a nice guy with a boys dream what he realized.

If it doesn't break 20 seconds to 150MPH from a standstill, it's not a supercar.

I'm not saying that the Spykers can't, just reminding the board of my personal "rule" on the definition of the word supercar.

That's number one.

Number two is that the Koenigsegg is ugly as sin, I don't care if it can hit 300MPH, I'd never buy one.

And finally, number three is that the Spyker's "4.2L Audi V8" is actually the Gallardo's exact engine with two cylinders lopped off. Made in the same factory, same parts, same everything, and shared with several other Audi passenger cars.

It's ok. Like DuPont says, I'd be afraid of someone thinking my car was a kit car.

Does the Gallardo have a German made engine in it? :shock:

And a special pic for you mako! ;) :tyson

Yes.

And who put a picture of an alien escape pod in your post??? :)

Yeah, youre right.

I would rather have a koenigsegg, pagani or lamborghini :twisted: .

Im just not a fan of the looks and all the chrome stuff put onto this car, but i have to say im glad that finally someone here in The Netherlands did a try to built a supercar. Ive actually spoken with the owner of this company and he was really a nice guy with a boys dream what he realized.

I agree that this car was a great idea but if only the engine was more exclusive then it would be much better than it is. If im going to pay more than 100k for a car i want something that no one else has on the road or shares parts.

And yet you frantically masturbate to the gallardo, which shares most of its switchgear with the OH so exclusive audi A4?

:jack

:axe: Even if it has an audi based engine its still a V-10 made by Lamborghini its not a V8 but an exclsive V-10. Something the GM should convert on there Corvettes and maybe it would be more interested.

Vector M12's were a waste of a lambo engine IMO. Its a cool looking car but not that impressive to drive. Uncomfortable to drive, worst visability of any car I've been in and wiring thats a short looking for a place to happen :(