Differences between QV and 25th anniversary

robl45

carb'ed QVs are rare in the US and $$$. they don't come up for public sale often, I have only seen 2 forsale in the last 4 years. Maybe they trade hands behind the scenes, like the lp400.

personally, i like the pre 88.5 QVs. They usually don't have the sideskirts, and still more mechanical. All cars had AC, but mechanically operated windows, and mechanical HVAC control (not the digital one)

carb'ed QVs are rare in the US and $$$. they don't come up for public sale often, I have only seen 2 forsale in the last 4 years. Maybe they trade hands behind the scenes, like the lp400.  

personally, i like the pre 88.5 QVs. They usually don't have the sideskirts, and still more mechanical. All cars had AC, but mechanically operated windows, and mechanical HVAC control (not the digital one)

Well I can settle for the fuel injected QV as long as it has the wing and euro bumpers, the us bumpers are ugly!! They all came with central locking from what I heard, but I am having a hard time finding any for sale.

I have the 88.5 with American Bumpers (but not for long :mrgreen: ) and the ugly ass skirts (which I :heart: ) and the Wing ( :heart: :heart: :heart: ). White on White (soon to be Triple White.... :finga: Allan)

Best way to find one is to be patient... Join Lambo power (Vinnie & Mike pointed me towards my car) (you might want to join the Lambo Club of America as well) FIGURE OUT what you want (This took me three months) TRY ONE ON FOR SIZE!!!! (This took me another three months) and then be patient... (I found a car I liked (wasnt PERFECT, but close enough) but the seller was INSANE... Wanted 40K MORE than the car was worth and I wouldnt pay it.... I had GIVEN up on finding what I wanted... I was SERIOUSLY depressed about the issue... And then my car was listed in Hemmings the next day... THE EXACT car I wanted For the EXACT price I felt it was worth.... I called the seller, asked some questions and said, "Fine... I want to have a PPI done, but assuming the car is what you say it is, consider it sold." The car was in Florida... During the Hurricane season... It took another 6 weeks to finalize the deal, during which time I was amazed, nobody else here saw the ad... Not until the day I opened escrow did somebody else see it... You can read the entire saga here: http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...hlight=romandad - )

What you want is out there... IT MAY TAKE A YEAR OR MORE TO FIND IT... but once you do, it'll be worth it...

Very well said. Patients is the key

totally agree, take time to know what model/year you like best and then search this one or you could regret it later

once you find the right car be quick on the transation

look for a good cosmetic car, but most important one with an history, often driven by the owner

don't worry too much for US bumpers or wing , these things could always be

removed or installed quite easily

best luck

totally agree, take time to know what model/year you like best  and then search this one or you could regret it later  

once you find the right car be quick on the transation

look for a good cosmetic car, but most important one with an history, often driven by the owner

don't worry too much for US bumpers or wing , these things could always be  

removed or installed quite easily  

best luck

I heard the Eurobumpers are no longer available, so is it really that easy to convert?

You have to be more specific...

There are a FEW FACTORY Front Euro bumpers out there... I just bought one... Should be here in a few weeks... There are also fiberglass replicas (one on EBAY RIGHT NOW?) for a LOT cheaper... Either will give the appearance you want. To convert requires removing 2 bolts on the existing bumper, PAINTING the new one, RE bolting it, putting the "grates" in, re-installing the fog lights and calking the seem...

As far as the REAR... There are the U.S. "toasters" (which come off with a sawzall and a few beers) and then there is the rear end.... The later U.S. cars had a solid fiberglass shroud around the lights, where the euro cars had reflective "things" around the lights. The reflective surrounds are NLA (as far as I know) but reasonable facsimiles are out there. But the job requires some paint and body work...

You have to be more specific...

There are a FEW FACTORY Front Euro bumpers out there... I just bought one...  Should be here in a few weeks...  There are also fiberglass replicas (one on EBAY RIGHT NOW?) for a LOT cheaper...  Either will give the appearance you want.  To convert requires removing 2 bolts on the existing bumper, PAINTING the new one, RE bolting it, putting the "grates" in, re-installing the fog lights and calking the seem...  

As far as the REAR... There are the U.S. "toasters" (which come off with a sawzall and a few beers) and then there is the rear end....  The later U.S. cars had a solid fiberglass shroud around the lights, where the euro cars had reflective "things" around the lights.   The reflective surrounds are NLA (as far as I know) but reasonable facsimiles are out there.  But the job requires some paint and body work...

Yes, I meant the shroud part. So the biggest problem really is finding the reflective surrounds. Where are the facsimiles? Any pictures of them?

Heres one thread:

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6189

Heres another

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...er=asc&start=75

Its a project I have TOYED with... Since the parts (if available) are fairly cheap, I think Ill just COLLECT them and then make up my mind. I like the shroud, but I like the Euro look as well... Im torn.

I think we have everything you want in stock including the front and the correct grates. pm me

Haven't you sold yours yet Jim ?

No, things are pretty slow. Several enquiries, none of them particularly serious though. Two offers of £40K from people who really only wanted a 5000S. I need to sell to someone who wants a QV in order to get a decent price. Other QVs for sale ATM are dearer than mine, too...

:roll: