Atom on order

e55amgowner

Those Eco-tec's are supposedly stout little motors.... I've heard they're good for 700whp on the stock internals!!! I bet for under $5k you can be putting down 300whp reliably. I think you made a really good decision on the motor.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Eco-tec's are supposedly stout little motors.... Supposedly good for 700whp on the stock internals!!! I bet for $5k you can be putting down 300whp easily. I think you made a really good decision on the motor.

I agree. Single hair-dryer on an ECOTEC will be better than any of the other engines offered by Arial.

That would make a kick ass track day toy! Just mold in a nice front wing and slap on a rear and you'll be flying around.

After they make it, do you have to find an IMPORTER? Or do they just ship it by some standard means?
they have a single dealer here in the US so you would go through them and arrange shipping

That would make a kick ass track day toy! Just mold in a nice front wing and slap on a rear and you'll be flying around.
They actually have a aerodynamics package that includes front spoiler and rear wing! :)

They actually have a aerodynamics package that includes front spoiler and rear wing! :)

Well, I'll be! Even better!

That would make a kick ass track day toy!  Just mold in a nice front wing and slap on a rear and you'll be flying around.

you obviously didn't see the top gear vid.

There is no reason to at a wing at all. If anything, it will slow you down.

How in the world do you figure that? Compare all the entry level open-wheel formula cars (essentially what this thing practically is) to their big, superior, wing'd upper class brother cars. This thing probably doesn't weigh in at much at all, I'm sure some downforce would help plant it around a racetrack quite well, and make braking a night and day difference.

How in the world do you figure that? Compare all the entry level open-wheel formula cars (essentially what this thing practically is) to their big, superior, wing'd upper class brother cars. This thing probably doesn't weigh in at much at all, I'm sure some downforce would help plant it around a racetrack quite well, and make braking a night and day difference.

from everything that i've read and seen, there is not reason for the spoilers. it already outperforms an enzo fro christ sake.

it may not slow you down, but i can't see a reason to bother with it.

the car is already designed to run around racetracks.

I just saw one this morning at the Crystal Cove get together in Orange county - first one I've seen in the US, looked great apart from the owner stuck the Union Jack flag stickers on upside down!

I just saw one this morning at the Crystal Cove get together in Orange county - first one I've seen in the US, looked great apart from the owner stuck the Union Jack flag stickers on upside down!

Did you get any pics Paul?

After they make it, do you have to find an IMPORTER? Or do they just ship it by some standard means?
they have a single dealer here in the US so you would go through them and arrange shipping

Hmm, so you have one on order and you didn't know that they are being manufactured in Oregon?

After they make it, do you have to find an IMPORTER?  Or do they just ship it by some standard means?

Hmm, so you have one on order and you didn't know that they are being manufactured in Oregon?

since when do they manufacture them in Oregon? As far as i know they are built in a 6 man shop somewhere in England.

Are you sure thats right?

• 1 month later...
After they make it, do you have to find an IMPORTER?  Or do they just ship it by some standard means?

e55 ordered the car, not phx

I think im getting one soon. it was that or the T-Rex

like i said in the other thread, an atom even with just 200 hp would walk a Trexx. Probably the best track toy for the money, at least in my book.

enzo speed for 45k? Where do i sign?

I think im getting one soon. it was that or the T-Rex

like i said in the other thread, an atom even with just 200 hp would walk a Trexx. Probably the best track toy for the money, at least in my book.

enzo speed for 45k? Where do i sign?

I would mainly be on the street. do you have to have a helmet?

from what i remember, you don't have to, just some type of big sunglass/googles. But i certainly would. I've seen videos of the Brammo Motorsports guys (the company in oregon that builds them on contract for the original company in europe) and some drove on the street without helmets and some drove with it.

Me personally, I would get the GM 200hp/200tq model and use it as a motorcycle replacement/track toy. I hear the 300hp ones have traction issues, and for a serious track car, I believe 200hp is more balanced. 200hp is almost a motorcycle PTW ratio with 4 wheel grip. I would mostly look forward to using it in the Santa Cruz mountains, huge california motorcycle mecca, though dangerous. Would be safer and just as fun in a car like that.

I was reading on an atom forum (99% europeans), and noone even considered the 300hp one. All had a 160 or 220hp, and they considered the 220 as unholy fast.

http://forum.atomclub.com/

wealth of information, looks like the earliest US atoms are due in April

The Union Jack flag is designed so it cannot be upside down. You could rotate it 90 degrees and it would be incorrect, but you flip it 180 and its still the same. Useless information, but I had to make the correction.

Im strongly considering buying a couple of Atoms, in different powertrains for demo purposes for sale. Im in Northwest Wisconsin, so Im much closer than Oregon for many people, if anyone would like to take a test drive before being locked into buying it and hating the car in the end(which is unlikely). Im also considering assembling Nobles and Ultimas. We can build a much higher performance versions, due to my knowledge of turbocharging, and I have 2 friends who build custom turbo manifolds/full kits, so we can create anything from mild to insane. We are also considering building Elise and Atom turbo kits, due to the knowledge we have of building turbo kits for Hondas. Yes, the Elise is a Toyota engine, but I have a friend with one who Im sure would be willing to let us use it for test purposes, because he drives his V8 twin turbo much more often.

So if anyone has interest in one of these cars, feel free to PM or Email me to get more information.

from what i remember, you don't have to, just some type of big sunglass/googles. But i certainly would. I've seen videos of the Brammo Motorsports guys (the company in oregon that builds them on contract for the original company in europe) and some drove on the street without helmets and some drove with it.

Me personally, I would get the GM 200hp/200tq model and use it as a motorcycle replacement/track toy. I hear the 300hp ones have traction issues, and for a serious track car, I believe 200hp is more balanced. 200hp is almost a motorcycle PTW ratio with 4 wheel grip. I would mostly look forward to using it in the Santa Cruz mountains, huge california motorcycle mecca, though dangerous. Would be safer and just as fun in a car like that.

I was reading on an atom forum (99% europeans), and noone even considered the 300hp one. All had a 160 or 220hp, and they considered the 220 as unholy fast.

http://forum.atomclub.com/

wealth of information, looks like the earliest US atoms are due in April

good info! thank you