Looking for early countach

lince

Hello to everyone I´m new and I´m currently looking for an early countach (before 1984) I´m looking for a good price for an original car not modified and with not to much milleage on it.

It doesn´t have to be a perfect car, but must be good

They are out there, what is your price range you can or are willing to pay?

Forget about any 70's Countach, they're just aren't any for sale.

OR just get in line.

Hello to everyone I´m new and I´m currently looking for an early countach (before 1984) I´m looking for a good price for an original car not modified and with not to much milleage on it.

:lol:

Sorry to hear that.......... Welcome to the board though

:lol:

Sorry to hear that.......... Welcome to the board though

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the board

Why pre 84, if I may ask

Forget about any 70's Countach, they're just aren't any for sale.

OR just get in line.

:lol: :lol: :(

Sorry for not replying sooner to you, I´m thinking somewhere between 65.000-75.000, the reasson i need it to be prior to 84 it´s becouse of export reasson, as newer models are not allowed to be imported

I'm telling ya, these things are getting tough to purchase. I don't think you'll find any 70's or late 80's Countach for 65,000-75,000.

There are a couple threads about the price and most/least disirable Countach.

Sorry for not replying sooner to you, I´m thinking somewhere between 65.000-75.000, the reasson i need it to be prior to 84 it´s becouse of export reasson, as newer models are not allowed to be imported

i think you should forget about any god countach under 65000 -70000 euro in europe, not to talk about LP400, they are well over 100000 euro

last good countach trade i know was a 5000S sold for around 65000 euro with

still some little works to do

>

I am also getting this impression. I am amazed these 2 cars are already gone. Seems to me that Europeans may soon get a great deal importing countaches from the USA. I guess the Japaneses have already figured this one out. Lots of ealry 400 and S1 sold over there from here. What a reversal from the 80s and 90s! Do we have to thank anyone for that?

At this point, you cannot economically import a Countach from overseas. The #'s will never add up.

- You will lose a lot of money, in relation to the car's worth.

i agree,

otherwise i have to say that imo countach values are already growing up and

i'd say it is better to buy now that they are still "quite cheap"

do you really think a miura SV is worth 4 LP400 or 6 4000S?

i agree,

do you really think a miura SV is worth 4 LP400 or 6 4000S?

Personally no. But they were made in the 60s and they are over 25 years. I would take 2 400 and 3 S1 if someone allow me the choice.

On the other hand, I'll take 2 or 3 muiras SV rather than a brand new Enzo. I guess its all relative.

I´m looking for not a perfect car but compleate runing order adn maintenance record that is way i think of the price bracket i set, You are right about the difference in price between usa an europe, normally i would say it´s between 20% and 30% more to the relation of exchange rate than the $figure.

Of course if I find a 70 car i could go higher but i wouldn´t go higher for an early 80.

that is becouse i still have to pay for import and sales taxes(70% between both)

I´m looking for not a perfect car but compleate runing order adn maintenance record that is way i think of the price bracket i set, You are right about the difference in price between usa an europe, normally i would say it´s between 20% and 30% more to the relation of exchange rate than the $figure.

Of course if I find a 70 car i could go higher but i wouldn´t go higher for an early 80.

that is becouse i still have to pay for import and sales taxes(70% between both)

I really do not think you are going to find the early car you are looking for in that price ranges. The lowest price 5000s I know of is 72K US, and this is the least desirable car in the lower priced US. I really think the prices are moving up hard and if you really want one get it now. I searched for an early car in your price range for a year and ended up buying a 85 5000s, Not the exact car I wanted but still a wonderful car and I have a Countach.

The lowest price 5000s I know of is 72K US, and this is the least desirable car in the lower priced US. I really think the prices are moving up hard and if you really want one get it now. .

Funny you say that here is waht i found recently on a USA QV injected spec ZA9CA05AX3JLA12323 from last year:

------

Mar 19, 2004:

Sold at Barret-Jackson auction in Palm Beach, FL for $66,960 with 25,967 kms.

Condition Description: Full rear wing, ground effects. Appears to be a cared-for example, no paint flaws evident, good trim with no fade. Light use evident in interior, plastic covered seats possibly recovered. Good presentation.

Market Opinion: A very good buy, wholesale or maybe even less. I have experienced lots of renewed activity in these winged-wonders of late. Expect to see some upward movement in prices soon"

And

Oct 31, 2003: same car Not sold at Fall Classic Mecum Auctions for $69,000 ask

------

So last year a good price was 66K for an 88 injected QV. Based on this 72K for a 500S or QV inj seem fair to me. Remember this assumes a no problem car with no major issues. If you have engine or major cosmetic, $50K-60K is more like it.

This seems in line with various info I collected since 2002. Prices have been fairly flat from 1999 (when I started looking) up to 2003 but 2004 brought a renewed interest in the Countach.

And at this years Barrett jackson a white 5000s goes for 88k +8% a nice car but not perfect by any means, with no PPI :shock:

Lowest QV I know of for sale is 79.9 at MI looks to be a nice car, I do not know of any 4.0 S1 or 2 for sale, but I bet that Black with white interior time capsule in the other thread could bring 90K if in the US and I am waiting for a Bravo wheel car to sell for 100K + US. I think it will happen this year. It might of happened already but those cars seem to be traded in a very tight circle

Here is what i have from SCM guide, i have already found some early 80 on the price range just trying to find as many as possible before arranging a trip to check te cars up

Countach LP400 (model)

74–76 (production years)

149 (number produced)

$80,000(low price)

$115,000 (high price)

B (grade)

****(rating grade

22% (change in last year)

LP 400 S

76–82

$55,000

$75,000

B

8%

LP 5000 S

82–85

$55,000

$75,000

B

8%

LP 5000 QV

85–88

$65,000

$90,000

B

7%

Anniversary

$75,000

$90,000

B

4%

Here is what i have from SCM guide, i have already found some early 80 on the price range just trying to find as many as possible before arranging a trip to check te cars up

Countach LP400 (model)

74–76 (production years)

149 (number produced)

$80,000(low price)

$115,000 (high price)

B (grade)

****(rating grade

22% (change in last year)

LP 400 S

76–82

$55,000

$75,000

B

8%

LP 5000 S

82–85

$55,000

$75,000

B

8%

LP 5000 QV

85–88

$65,000

$90,000

B

7%

Anniversary

$75,000

$90,000

B

4%

pretty useless imo, since this guide doesn't consider a lot of important things such as different values for carbs or fi 5000 cars, downdraft or fi QV, lowbody cars,not to mention the fact you won't find any Lp400 for sale (may be any 70's Ct) while there are 25th for sale everywhere.......i'd say rating grade was good some years ago, but now

i doubt

p.s. there are also some mistakes like 76-77 lp400s

Do NOT put much weight into large published car guides. - They are not up to date.

I have a 2004 classic Sports car magazine, that lists a Miura SV hi price range, for 195K. - That is about the price, of a barn-find car, that was (or still is) home to a family of ducks.

You cannot buy a hi range LP 400, for 115K. Forget it !

__

Those price guides, are currently obsolete. Their was an entire thread in the Lamborghini garage, about that. A lot of people were not happy, to see their car being listed, for tens of thousands less, than the real market value.

I´m not looking for an lp400 in perfect condition as you can see from my post i said up to 84 and thats is wath i think i can get, i´m also not looking for 10 out of 10 something more like 7-8.

I´m not tryiing to say the value is wrong I´m just saying i want to buy one countach that cant´t be that bad

I´m not looking for an lp400 in perfect condition as you can see from my post i said up to 84 and thats is wath i think i can get, i´m also not looking for 10 out of 10 something more like 7-8.

I´m not tryiing to say the value is wrong I´m just saying i want to buy one countach that cant´t be that bad

In my opinion, the LP 400 is a very bad example, when talking about typical Countach values. It does not help, when their are virtually none forsale in the USA. Not only that, I have virtually no cars to report, that were sold in the last few years. I know of none ! I know of nothing forsale. How can you put solid #'s of this cars value, when nothing is forsale ? What does it take, to pry it away from an owner ?

All I know, is the yellow L.A. e-bay car, that has shown up a few times. - From another L/P member, the owner has never returned his request, for information on that car. I have heard of people, that just put a car forsale at auction and or ebay, just to gauge the value of the car. - The entire time, they had no desire to sell.

__

As far as a decent running typical Countach (a car that will need some mechanical and cosmetic work), in the USA ? I would think it would cost, somewhere in the 60/65K area ? It would make much better economic sense (in the long run), to purchase an excellent car for 70/75K+.

If the 60/65K driver, needs a fair amount of work, it will not be long, before it reaches 10K, in parts and labor. If the car is really worn cosmetically alone, it will need more than 10K, in restoration costs.

If the car needs a good amout of mechanical work, it will cost more than 10K, in parts and labor. In the end, a budgeted restoration of 10K, for a 65K car, may not bring 75K, if one decides to sell it. It may cost much more than 10K, to bring the 65K driver, into the area approaching the level of the 75K car. However few # of owners, documents, low miles, original paint, original interior, and original parts, cannot be purchased for 10/20K. - Other than original parts, those items cannot be purchased for any price.

Gauge the total cost of a driver carefully.

I really think the day of the 60-65K running Countach are gone. Are any offered for sale at that price now? I really do not know and know that you have a lot more sources then me :P . I think the best deal I have seen has been 72k for a FI 2 valve car or 79 for a FI QV. Are there running cars out there cheaper? I would like to know as I would love to have a QV to do Mods on :mrgreen: