Hawaii 400

Allan-Herbie

>

>

>

As far as opinions, I am just like you. You are correctly pointing out that there are no public facts indicating more than 150 cars yet. So as I said it is rumor, not firm belief. I would certainly not firm up an opinion just from other opinions but I am opened to the 157 cars debate because we just dont have any conclusive facts one way or the other.

It is interesting you mentioned that Gene Boston did not own 314, highlighting the misconception that he did. the tidbit of info that I got was that there is supposed to be a 1978 letter from Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini SpA letter from U. Sgarzi offering LP400 #1120314 to G. Boston. Since I have not personally seen the letter, I guess your quote seem to put this rumor to rest. Thank you. That is good input. Sometimes you have to push one way to get to the other.

You are absolutely correct that so far we have only factual evidences of #300 as the last one. I just wished that someone from the factory could put this to rest. They are a lot of Countach (or even modre rare cars) that have been secratively put away from the light of day for many decades and still are. However the fact that not having found one shred of any above 300 does point to 150 cars.

Now since we are talking about wine here I feel it like a challenge for the holy grale's quest ;) I do like nice wine. I was born where they make some of the best.