Kuddos to LP

magwheel

I just wanna give LP kuddos for recognizing Ferrari and other makes. I realize that many of us have a die-hard loyality to the manufacturer of the car we drive (Lamborghini) but that doesn't mean other 'makes' are less inferior. Being the owner of an 05 Gallardo, an 06 Murcielago and an 04 Maranello and an 05 F430, I'm extremely happy with all of these cars. Sure there are improvemnts that I would like to see on each and every car, but I wouldn't consider getting rid of any one of them for the other. I jumped on the Lamborghini bandwagon after I spoke to someone who informed me that the 'old wives tale' about Lambos not being as reliable as Ferraris was BS. I'm sure glad I had a talk with him cause I love how outrageous my Lambos are especially with their pearl paint jobs ! :D/

From my point of view, you have the most desirable stable of cars on the market today. The only change I would make would be to trade that Maranello for a DB9, but the rest is just amazing. A garage to dream about for a long long time. You also seem to be able to enjoy those cars for what they truly are: driving pleasure!! Congrats to you!

-Olivier

From my point of view, you have the most desirable stable of cars on the market today. The only change I would make would be to trade that Maranello for a DB9, but the rest is just amazing. A garage to dream about for a long long time. You also seem to be able to enjoy those cars for what they truly are: driving pleasure!! Congrats to you!

-Olivier

Hi Oliver, Being the Maranello was my first Ferrari, it's gonna be hard to trade up or for something else one day. I was absolutely amazed at the looks the Maranello gets.... especially from young kids 16-25 area. It really doesn't have the other's's supercar looks yet these kids seem to freak out over it. Needless to say, I always have a huge smile on my face when I see their looks and gestures of approval. But then again.. one day this kid watched me as I approached in my Gallardo, dropped his mouth wide open, and had his whole head and neck hanging out his car window as I passed. If a semi would have been coming by, he could have auditioned for this Fall's version of the 'Headless Horseman'!

Hi Michael,

thanks for taking the time. Yes, I agree that the 550 once made my jaw drop, I thought it was an extremely elegant GT cruiser. I still think it looks pretty good. However, I just can't seem to find it impressive compared to the archrival Murcielago. You have the best of both worlds and I congratulate you. I've seen very few of both cars and I'm impressed whenever I see one. My comparison with the DB9 was purely on the look department. I know the Ferrari offers better performance and retains value much better too, but for some reason, the DB9 just attracks me a lot more. Either way, you can't go wrong, so enjoy your beasts and dont be bothered by comments by a dreamer like me! :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

-Olivier

Hi Michael,

thanks for taking the time. Yes, I agree that the 550 once made my jaw drop, I thought it was an extremely elegant GT cruiser. I still think it looks pretty good. However, I just can't seem to find it impressive compared to the archrival Murcielago. You have the best of both worlds and I congratulate you. I've seen very few of both cars and I'm impressed whenever I see one. My comparison with the DB9 was purely on the look department. I know the Ferrari offers better performance and retains value much better too, but for some reason, the DB9 just attracks me a lot more. Either way, you can't go wrong, so enjoy your beasts and dont be bothered by comments by a dreamer like me! :)   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)  

-Olivier

Oliver, My Maranello is a 575. Not sure if there is much difference other than the horsepower. As far as being a 'dreamer'... I believe Enzo and Ferruccio and Thomas Edison were all dreamers. If it wasn't for them and others like them (my Father included), I'd be in the dark right now peddling around on my Schwinn. Nothing wrong with being a dreamer. Just never give up! Someday may be here sooner than you think. Just remember... Somebody's Mustang is their Enzo and they should be respected for their position in life! :mrgreen:

The 575 is even better then. I don't know if there are any different options/cosmetics than the horsepower. I don't think so.

And yes, I'm working very hard to attain the level where you guys are. It's just a better future to strive for. :)

Enjoy the cars man!

-Olivier

I just wanna give LP kuddos for recognizing Ferrari and other makes. I realize that many of us have a die-hard loyality to the manufacturer of the car we drive (Lamborghini) but that doesn't mean other 'makes' are less inferior. Being the owner of an 05 Gallardo, an 06 Murcielago and an 04 Maranello and an 05 F430, I'm extremely happy with all of these cars. Sure there are improvemnts that I would like to see on each and every car, but I wouldn't consider getting rid of any one of them for the other. I jumped on the Lamborghini bandwagon after I spoke to someone who informed me that the 'old wives tale' about  Lambos not being as reliable as Ferraris was BS. I'm sure glad I had a talk with him cause I love how outrageous my Lambos are especially with their pearl paint jobs !  :D/

You see, this is what I'm talking about. This is the true goal to strive for....not multiple L car ownership or F car ownership, but multiple everything! I'm convinced this is far better than just being a sole devotee to one marque.

Magwheel, which car in your fleet do you categorize as the best driver's car?? I'm gonna guess it's the Porsche, but everybody has a different opinion. :)

You have a PM.

I just wanna give LP kuddos for recognizing Ferrari and other makes. I realize that many of us have a die-hard loyality to the manufacturer of the car we drive (Lamborghini) but that doesn't mean other 'makes' are less inferior. Being the owner of an 05 Gallardo, an 06 Murcielago and an 04 Maranello and an 05 F430, I'm extremely happy with all of these cars. Sure there are improvemnts that I would like to see on each and every car, but I wouldn't consider getting rid of any one of them for the other. I jumped on the Lamborghini bandwagon after I spoke to someone who informed me that the 'old wives tale' about Lambos not being as reliable as Ferraris was BS. I'm sure glad I had a talk with him cause I love how outrageous my Lambos are especially with their pearl paint jobs ! :D/

You see, this is what I'm talking about. This is the true goal to strive for....not multiple L car ownership or F car ownership, but multiple everything! I'm convinced this is far better than just being a sole devotee to one marque.

Magwheel, which car in your fleet do you categorize as the best driver's car?? I'm gonna guess it's the Porsche, but everybody has a different opinion. :)

You have a PM.

:-s Please help me with 'your' definition of "driver's car". Do you mean just cruising around, easiest to drive or kinda aggressive sport driving?

Yes...

Like the one that's most exciting to drive, and has the most direct steering feel/handling.

Not necessarily the fastest or even the very best handling car, but it can be too. :)

Yes...

Like the one that's most exciting to drive, and has the most direct steering feel/handling.

Not necessarily the fastest or even the very best handling car, but it can be too. :)

:?: OK... lemme think for a second or two. First I'd like to say I only have 700 to 1000 miles on any one of these cars. Between fighting the weather (I won't drive any of them in the rain and then waiting for the snow to melt here in Ohio and the salt dust to disappear) and then trying to drive each one an equal amount of time, it's hard to put lots of miles on them. The best handling would probably go to the Carrera GT with the F430 close behind. The Lambos really feel so planted on the road like you're never going to lose control. The CGT especially and then the F430 feel to me like they could break loose easier. Now another thing you have to remember.... I'm not a insane thrill driver like some of you other guys. The only car whose accelerator pedal I had to the floor was the Maranello and it felt excellent. I'll probably never find out any of their top performance in any category. The Ford Gt just seems quick as hell and also under control and really likes eating up freeway S-bends. The smoothest rides IMO are the Lambos. The CGT feels like a race car cause you feel a lot of the road surface. The first time I took it for a ride, my girlfriend and I could barely hear the radio over the road and interior noise. I guess after a while, we got use to it. The Lambos and the F430 have the friendliest and comfortable interiors. The one that's most exciting to drive would probably go to the CGT only because you actually feel like you're driving a honest to goodness race car! The others are just more manageable in feel for normal everyday driving and not necessarily in their lack of performance. Did I answer your question or did I leave something out. Please don't ask which is my favorite car cause I love them all equal..... kinda like my four children!