Black Jalpa w/ Bravos

IsleroMan

Dem Wheels :partyman: :prayer: :supz: :heart:

dig the car.... LOVE THE WHEELS . i do not, not even a little bit like the USA spec Jalpa's. the damn airboxes bieng sealed up really made it hard to do anything to the engine and you could barely see the carbs.

i am looking for a euro Jalpa if anyone knows of one..... :mrgreen:

dig the car.... LOVE THE WHEELS . i do not, not even a little bit like the USA spec Jalpa's. the damn airboxes bieng sealed up really   made it hard to do anything to the engine and you could barely see the carbs.

i am looking for a euro Jalpa if anyone knows of one.....   :mrgreen:

How about the rarest Lambo of them all???

I am thinking about selling the Silhouette......

dig the car.... LOVE THE WHEELS . i do not, not even a little bit like the USA spec Jalpa's. the damn airboxes bieng sealed up really   made it hard to do anything to the engine and you could barely see the carbs.

i am looking for a euro Jalpa if anyone knows of one.....   :mrgreen:

How about the rarest Lambo of them all???

I am thinking about selling the Silhouette......

thanks for thinking of me ! but your car is most likely out of my price range. i should be able to get a Jalpa in euro spec form for under 30k. i am exempt from emissions ect here, so there must be some cars out there from California ect that need a new home. the main reason i sold my Jalpa is because of the re paint and the sealed USA airboxes.

Can't ypu take the air boxes off & put K&N filters in their place?

no sir. not on the USA spec Jalpas. the carbs are fully incased in the airboxes, its unlike anything i have ever seen on any car. even the darn linkage is trapped. there are disconnects for the carb linkage. you then must remove the nuts that hold down the intakes to the heads and remove the carbs / intake / airbox assembly as one unit per bank. THEN you have to turn the airboxes upside down to get to the "trapped" fastners on the bottom of the airbox to get the carbs out. this is VERY VERY time consuming. remember how i said the carb linkage is built in to aixbox? that means you cannot merly remove the boxes and put indivdual aircleaners on the car. you have to change the freaking cam covers completely as the carb linkage on the euro cars has attatching points and pivots on the cam covers themselves.

also the linkage is routed differently on the euro versus USA as i was going to cut up the airbox to save the carb linakge, until i did some measuring and made the realization that it was just not worth the cost of the parts and the time. had i known this i would have never bought a USA spec Jalpa.

the black car on EBAY is also a USA spec car. :(

it is because of this i sold my 85 Jalpa *12250* and am looking for a euro Jalpa or perhaps a early carb 308GTB / Urraco.

michael

it seems like a company in California made something so you could get rid of the boxes -

a guy on the "old" forum had them & I inquired about the price -

not cheap - but doable -

ya might hafta search the archives on L/T to find out who it was -

I think the guy sold the Jalpa after he'd done a buncha mods to it???

~T~Inclassable22.gif

it seems like a company in California made something so you could get rid of the boxes -

a guy on the "old" forum had them & I inquired about the price -

not cheap - but doable -

ya might hafta search the archives on L/T to find out who it was -

I think the guy sold the Jalpa after he'd done a buncha mods to it???

~T~Inclassable22.gif

the guy in Cali is nuts. i spoke with him months ago and he wanted MY AIRBOXES, PLUS $2400.00 to chop them up and make this "thing" that would allow me to be free of the enclosed carbs.

i simply wont buy another USA spec Jalpa.

i want a euro one. any color. dont care about tools, rear wing or airconditioning.

must run and drive perfectly.