Removing the SV sticker

zack

Ok, I've only got an 'SV' sticker on one side of the car and getting a replacement looks like its's going to be a right old caper.

I've decided to remove the remaining logo - has anybody done this, can anyone recommend a way to do this other than just pulling it off?

I am presuming that as the car as been garaged virtually it's whole life there shouldn't be any fading of the paint due to sunlight exposure which would show up when the sticker is removed?

Your thoughts please...

Cheers

Zack

No experience w/ an SV logo...

But yes, hair dryer is a good bet. Use a slim razor like device (not metal), even tooth floss will work. Heat it up until it gets loose, but don't fry it. You shouldn't have any problems.

I use this process for those f$#king dealership stickers. :roll:

before you do it, you might want to contemplate on the paint fade. Because regardless, there will be some differences. At that time, probably a full detailing is required to allow matching up the paint again....

Zack , if you have residue left on it you can get a product call "goo gone" at your local Wal-Mart, Grocery store, ETC. and it will take it right off. It is yellow and comes in a small clear plastic bottle. It wont hurt your finish in any way but it will save you a hell of a lot of "elbow grease." Even with the heat gun you will have some gummy left over from the decal. When you get it off go over it with the goo gone then have it low speed orbital buffed. After that you can do the rest by hand with wax's and polish. I have never taken SV stickers decals off but I have taken enough off of other cars and have done my share of paint work on Exotics as well. We actually use a PPG product that is in light reducer form that is safe to paint over but you need to know how to use it. The goo gone will work in the same way and you wont need any special instructions. Just put it on a soft rag and go! Good luck to you and if you need anything else drop me a PM and i will send you my phone number , Jeff

Thanks for all the advice guys - that's brilliant, I'm really glad I asked the question now, because to be honest I hadn't given it much thought and I was all set to just pull it off....

'goo-gone' - sounds like the stuff!

I'm hopefully going to get at it this weekend so I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Zack

Zack , if you have residue left on it you can get a product call "goo gone" at your local Wal-Mart, Grocery store, ETC. and it will take it right off. It is yellow and comes in a small clear plastic bottle. It wont hurt your finish in any way but it will save you a hell of a lot of "elbow grease." Even with the heat gun you will have some gummy left over from the decal. When you get it off go over it with the goo gone then have it low speed orbital buffed. After that you can do the rest by hand with wax's and polish. I have never taken SV stickers decals off but I have taken enough off of other cars and have done my share of paint work on Exotics as well. We actually use a PPG product that is in light reducer form that is safe to paint over but you need to know how to use it. The goo gone will work in the same way and you wont need any special instructions. Just put it on a soft rag and go! Good luck to you and if you need anything else drop me a PM and i will send you my phone number , Jeff

I'll vouch for the Goo-Gone. It worked great on the decal residue that was left on my truck.